Odd Stuff (Part 4)

So I saw this coffee-themed quilting fabric when I was out with my wife around Hallowe’en. She graciously agreed to make me a dressing gown from it… :grin:

If I have to go back to “the office”, I’m commissioning a series of dress shirts from her made from quilting fabrics. :smiley:

Yeah… it’s blue! :thinking:

16 Likes

9 Likes
6 Likes

giphy (1)

8 Likes

I actually saw a poster for this the other day, full of smoking puns… winners never quit, etc.

3 Likes

…and they originally thought putting that in was a good idea because???

In April, a CBC Toronto investigation reported Supt. Riyaz Hussein entered the lounge about three hours before he crashed his service-issued SUV into another vehicle in Pickering, Ont., and was charged with impaired driving in January 2022. It’s unclear how long Hussein was in the Executive Officers Lounge and whether or not he drank in the room.

Hussein, who headed the police service’s disciplinary tribunal, pleaded guilty in October 2022 to driving with a blood-alcohol level over 80 milligrams per 100 millilitres of blood in connection to the crash. He was sentenced to a one-year driving prohibition and fined $1,560.

4 Likes

Um…no…no we can’t.

3 Likes

I assume that is supposed to be Joe Biden, but it looks a lot like Mike Pence.

8 Likes
3 Likes

They felt like they were too good for the bottle in the bottom desk drawer featured in copaganda shows. Also, they had plenty of money in the budget for whatever luxuries they figured were deserved. :woman_shrugging:t4: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

The got a taste for the white molasses.

8 Likes

Hear that? That’s the neighbors laughing. :smile:

6 Likes

Are these shoes that cut the grass or shoes you wear while cutting the grass?

9 Likes
11 Likes

Are they steel-plated for when you run over your foot with the mower? :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

The guy on the left dropped a one-euro coin.
It just rolled past the guy on the right.
Not one of them was fast enough.

:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

12 Likes

Obscure internet boutique Amazon sues EU for calling it a Very Large Online Platform

Unhappy with its inclusion in what the EU calls a list of Very Large Online Platforms (VLOPs), Amazon has sued to have the designation under the bloc’s Digital Services Act (DSA) stripped.

Amazon was among the first 17 companies to be designated a VLOP in late April, defined under the DSA as being large enough to reach 10 percent of the EU’s population, or around 45 million people. Facebook, Twitter, Apple’s App Store, Google Play, YouTube, Alibaba’s AliExpress and German retailer Zalando are all included among others.

[…]

4 Likes

I clicked thru. They are meant for or perhaps inspired by riding lawn mowers. I was thinking maybe a shoe that didn’t stain, was comfy, didn’t collect grass inside, etc. would at least serve some purpose for push mowing.
But no. Is for riding mowers. Also gratuitous lawn mower fan service with bonus jet fighter flying by.

Has to be a joke. Right?!

7 Likes
6 Likes