Odd Stuff (Part 4)

banans flambe.
just smell them

17 Likes

There’s always money in the banana truck.

15 Likes

They turned her yacht into the typical spray paint section at walmart

10 Likes

Check It Out Would You GIF by chelsiekenyon

11 Likes

Is there a number of dead fruit flies that will cause other fruit flies to die instantly?

eta: I have an idea fora kitchen counter pattern.

13 Likes
8 Likes

It’s like 1998 all over again… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes
11 Likes

I’ll be happy if this is even 1/2 as good as Shin Godzilla.

4 Likes

The sole picture in the onebox doesn’t do that any justice. You really need to see all of the full size ones for effect.

12 Likes

Remake of Gorija?

2 Likes

… but Zork didn’t exist until, um

oh dear

8 Likes

I thought Shin Godzilla was brilliant, but when I describe it to friends who haven’t seen it nobody listens.

I’ll have to come up with something better than “come for the monster; stay for the meetings!”

3 Likes

Umm. I don’t think those cops know that they’re just practicing against them for the future

The department has since worked with the Hampton Roads Chess Association for outreach and resources. Every week until school starts, the sessions will be open for all middle schoolers, regardless of their knowledge of chess. Students can register at any time, and parents can stay to watch the matches. Novices receive instruction from local chess coaches, and all equipment for the game is provided.

On Thursday, some kids had been playing for up to eight years, while others took beginner lessons before heading to the main room for matches.

“The kids are better than the cops,” Lokey said. “The cops were very surprised last week with how quickly they were losing. They lost in two moves, in some cases.”

11 Likes

Of course the cops are doing badly at chess. Their first move is always to try and arrest all the black pieces.

10 Likes

Which is funny, because the quote:

They lost in two moves, in some cases.”

almost certainly means that the students were playing black in that case. Maybe there’s a two-move mate playing white? But the classic two move mate playing black is:

5 Likes
6 Likes

… is that even possible :confused:

3 Likes

BBC News - Australian sailor and his dog survive two months at sea

8 Likes

I think there was an entire thread about this a couple of weeks (months?) back.

4 Likes