Odd Stuff (Part 4)

A bubble, you say?

12 Likes

Still probably better than Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

A Poke in a Pig.

4 Likes

That only works if you have Jeremy Renner and family sitting in the wings criticizing it like Staler and Waldorf.

4 Likes

… so can I just hang out a shingle as the “Edgar Allen Poe Licensing Authority” and sue anybody selling products with his name on it :confused:

3 Likes
8 Likes

The so-called “brotherhood” or Russian-speaking cybercriminals is yet another casualty of the war in Ukraine, albeit one that few outside of Moscow are mourning.

As the illegal invasion hits the one-year mark, new research suggests the conflict also disrupted Russia and the former Soviet Union’s criminal ecosystem, which has “far-reaching consequences affecting nearly every aspect of cybercrime,” according to Alexander Leslie, associate threat intelligence analyst for Recorded Future’s Insikt Group.

[…]

11 Likes

Ruggedized handset maker Bullitt Group has lifted the lid on its first smartphone with satellite messaging ahead of MWC next week, as well as a Bluetooth dongle from Motorola that provides the same capability for any iOS or Android phone.

[…]

4 Likes

Weird, I was having trouble imagining trying to communicate with bourbon for second.

6 Likes

Hope this does well. I enjoy traveling to remote places, so the ability to communicate in case of emergency is a high priority in trip planning. Any alternative to being gouged is good, too.

8 Likes

All they need to do now is to start selling fedoras to complete the package

4 Likes

(excerpt) “We believe that the current status quo of Russian Intelligence Services collaborating with cybercriminals or masquerading as cybercriminals for plausible deniability has not produced the disruptive results that the Russian state has expected,” he said, noting that these miscreants have served little purpose beyond pushing disinformation campaigns and propaganda operations," he added.

“We believe that recognizing pro-Russian hackers as an extension of Russian foreign policy and absolving them of criminal liability will open the door to public, open collaboration between cybercriminals and the Russian state.”

I’d be very surprised if other countries’ security agencies haven’t considered worming into the Russian Intelligence Services by making some deal with one of these soon-to-be affiliated Russian-speaking cybercrime groups, or perhaps just create their own group for the operation. Russian state affairs, in flux and maybe desperate, may be ripe for infiltration.

4 Likes

“Dragon Lady” really?

5 Likes

for me, the bourbon ends up doing all the talking. no use trying to communicate.

10 Likes

27 Likes
8 Likes

It appears we’re not too far from this now. :+1:

Communicate Star Trek GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

7 Likes

I had to look…

Oddly no cats for hire.

10 Likes

I’m gonna have to type up a resume for my cat, Gremlin, then. She’s a tough cookie. :man_shrugging:

Chris Pine Money GIF

8 Likes

Pandemic projects amirite.

5 Likes