Odd Stuff (Part 4)

Does “leftist” actually mean something? I googled around a bit and it seems like web sites that make a distinction between them are using definitions along the lines of leftist = progressive, liberal = neoliberal or centrist?

I agree with @PsiPhiGrrrl that this looks like a distraction or projection from someone who calls themselves conservative. Probably in response to one that distinguishes between conservative and regressive, or maybe fascist.

6 Likes

Yes. Beau, who is a leftist, points out why conservatives sow confusion on that point as well as differences with liberals:

8 Likes

Thank you! I vaguely remember the “my kid won’t eat shepherd’s pie” line, but I don’t think I’ve watched the older one before. Very informative.

4 Likes

Two generations ago leftists hated themselves and that chart would make sense

One generation ago liberals hated themselves and it would be “hates liberals” in the middle

Today conservatives hate themselves

3 Likes

Odd right gets two right and centre-right but left only gets leftists.

Freaking Out Episode 5 GIF by The Simpsons

I think Overtons might need a new window.

5 Likes

How are there virtually no people in that footage during daylight hours?

5 Likes

I think the joke there isn’t that leftists hate themselves, but that the left is notoriously prone to factionalism and in-fighting, so leftists hate all other left factions.

2 Likes

Splitter!

7 Likes

BBC News - Edinburgh Fringe funniest joke: Lorna Rose Treen’s zookeeper pun

5 Likes

Permission for the jump and clearing included payment to make up for lost tourist revenue?

4 Likes

11 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

A puma surprised young Protestant pastor Paulo Henrique da Silva, who was recording a video for his ministry in a forested area in the city of Vinhedo, in the interior of the state of São Paulo, Brazil.

“Jesus, get that jaguar out of here. My God, get that jaguar out of here”, repeats the pastor during the video.

The puma was lurking around the religious man for several minutes and then decided to pass behind him slowly, very slowly.

9 Likes

… exactly, a joke from the ’70s, about the ’60s

2 Likes

19 Likes

5 Likes

I’m not convinced that different generations are vary much in interest in time travel, multiverses or their childhoods. If anything- when you’re older - you’re more likely to look back that forward. You’ve got more to look at!

10 Likes

Hack shopping carts with your phone.

https://www.begaydocrime.com/

3 Likes

13 Likes