Odd Stuff (Part 4)

I’m not sure if Amazonbot ever checks robots.txt. Now they can eat 403 Forbidden.

Not only do they spray requests from a huge number of IP addresses, but their idiot bot is what I call a switch-flipper, where it requests the same page over and over again with every possible combination and permutation of command and settings. It has no goal in these requests; it just flips switches because it can.

Yeah, nope.

4 Likes

4 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

I interpret this as “Ugh, this platform.”

Episode 8 Ugh GIF by Law & Order

5 Likes

https://archive.ph/phUUz

4 Likes

14 Aug 2010
At precisely 13:13, a boy aged 13 was seen by the St John Ambulance team at Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival in Suffolk after he was struck by lightning, a spokesman said.

The boy suffered a minor burn and was taken to James Paget Hospital, where he is expected to make a full recovery.

Jason Gillingham, county ambulance officer and on scene at the show, said: “This was a very minor burn to the boy’s shoulder, but he was conveyed to hospital and is recovering well.” …

6 Likes

13 is clearly his lucky number…

10 Likes

12 Likes

10 Likes

13 Likes
6 Likes

11 Likes

La Fuente on Highway 231/431 in Meridianville has the lowest score in the Tennessee Valley this week. It gets a 69 due to temperature issues with peppers and cheese and a dishwasher without enough sanitizer. It was also written up when inspectors found items from a first aid kit stored with food and clean dishes. This included a note in the report reading: “Vaseline stored with avocados & above dishes stored as clean. Vitamins stored above clean dishes. Vaseline, lotion, & vitamins (in first aid kit cabinet) stored above onions.” La Fuente was also written up for having an unsecured septic tank lid, a dirty ice machine, and missing test kits for the dishwasher.

2 Likes

“Kitchen Cops” must be one of the most read segments on WAFF’s website. Sometimes the descriptions of the disgust are almost poetic.

We don’t eat out that much because Covid, not liking crowds in general, etc., but when out and about I will point out to my spouse the places where we will NOT be eating or getting takeout if we drive by one.

3 Likes

My brother lived for a while in a housing estate for York university students and faculty, which was really lovely and stupid cheap. This is how twee it was: the bad kids had graffitied the slide in the playpark. The graffiti said, ‘wee, bums and poo’. :laughing:

4 Likes

A day later, it’s still banging on my server ~50 times a minute, getting 403 Forbidden, and continuing.

Whoever wrote their webcrawler put an idiot wrapper around wget and called it a day.

If it’s still doing it tomorrow, I’ll hand it a 301 redirect to an Amazon corporate URL.

4 Likes

This is also tempting:

6 Likes