Odd Stuff (Part 4)

Hmm, dialect I think, not slang.

2 Likes

When I was six years old, trick-or-treating in my neighborhood (Kirkwood, MO, outside of St. Louis) involved you performing a trick (I did somersaults) to get a treat. I’ve never heard of that anywhere else I’ve lived.

6 Likes

That’s actually close to the Scots/Irish tradition of guising, which evolved into the American “trick-or-treat”. The expectation was that you’d tell a joke, sing a song, recite a poem or something in order to get your reward.

8 Likes

First time since the good old days of the Roman Empire

7 Likes

3 Likes

That’s too close to Christmas caroling!

Wait What GIF by Bounce

4 Likes

My Swedish useless so here’s Google Translate:

“Found an illegal hospital underground”

An illegal hospital in SödertĂ€lje is raised as an example when municipal representatives draw parallels between Sweden’s criminal network and the mafia in Italy. “It is practical to have access to healthcare,” explains the investigator.

3 Likes

Especially if people dress up at Christmas time.

4 Likes
4 Likes

K-Pop legend Seo Taiji did a great song with a Halloween/Christmas mash up a while back.

This is pretty layered though as the evil Santa figure in this song is a stand in for corrupt politicians.

2 Likes
7 Likes

5 Likes
3 Likes

That’s a lot of fuel

6 Likes

Doesn’t sound like this ended well for the horse

3 Likes

The vet probably just tranquilized the horse so it could be resecured and the flight could resume. Was all of that fuel just spread over the landscape?

Over the ocean, east of Martha’s Vineyard it looks like. From the recording, it takes 20 minutes to dump that much fuel.

1 Like

Hey - our stock will be worthless if the earth dies!

Only took 50 years to admit.

6 Likes

from

from

16 Likes

A Grammy-nominated singer was nearly kicked off a Delta Air Lines flight after she was asked to stop singing her newly released song, according to USA Today.

The video shows Storm walking the aisle of the plane before being asked to sit down by the Delta employee.

“I sing for the Lord,” Storm says in the video. Shortly after, the Delta crew member approaches Storm and tells her to “be quiet.”

“I’m doing what the Lord is telling me to do,” Storm continued.

No fly list!

6 Likes