Odd Stuff (Part 4)

Indeed! :face_with_monocle: Still helpful in understanding the kind of governance they seek to create. I also find it very interesting how Texas ends up at the bottom on the list and why…

5 Likes

I have a DX-100 sitting under my desk here - still have the sale receipt from 1986, £345! Love the guitar strap buttons on it.

Looks like if I was really lucky I could get about that price for it now - BoE inflation calculator says that £345 should be worth £985 in todays prices due to inflation…

6 Likes

Just cook (at) it!

7 Likes

10 Likes

Doing a cursory search of US eBay, they are going for $400 easy, so it’s actually pretty close to what you originally spent (not adjusted of course).

3 Likes

Diego Ramirez, aXolotl’s Happiness, 2014

5 Likes

Hmm. Halloween is an extortion racket where children shake neighborhoods down for candy and dole out tricks to those who refuse to pay up.

This trick and treat version sounds a lot more wholesome than the trick or treat version I grew up with.

Edit: Corrected misunderstanding.

1 Like

Please don’t put words in my mouth.

3 Likes

Let it go

2 Likes
2 Likes

Simplicity Manufacturing introduced its experimental lawnmower of the future — the Wonder Boy X-100. It could mow, weed, feed, seed, spray, vacuum the lawn, and plow snow, all the while keeping its operator in air-conditioned comfort. It had running lights and an onboard radio-telephone. And the manufacturer noted that it could also be used as a golf cart! It went at a top speed of 10 mph.

9 Likes

Mar-ja.

2 Likes

I hope the cat’s OK.

5 Likes

homer-simpsons

Target audience?

5 Likes

6 Likes

I’m not a sports fan, so my understanding of the word, “Gooner”, makes these pics funny

2 Likes
8 Likes

Someone is on the naughty list this Xmas:

6 Likes

Mispronunciation of “Gunner” I’d presume

There is no Christmas present in the world that could beat a slow police chase driving a construction forklift. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes