“Baby Driver”

Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS

6 Likes

“Peter Beter”

Oh My God Wow GIF

7 Likes

More units of measurement

16 Likes

We now live in a world where the measurement of objects is measured by other objects which in turn are measured by other objects measured by other objects.

15 Likes

12 Likes

Spanning roughly 5,000 miles — about twice the width of the United States — the thick blanket of sargassum floats between the Gulf of Mexico and the shores of West Africa.

Scientists say this bloom is one of the largest on record, stoking fears that seaweed invasions of beaches in the coming weeks and months could be particularly severe.

“It’s incredible,” said Brian LaPointe, a research professor at Florida Atlantic University’s Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute. “What we’re seeing in the satellite imagery does not bode well for a clean beach year.”

15 Likes

“Forbidden Bee Experiment”, now there’s a band name!

11 Likes

ugh! we’re in for a stinky, smelly summer down here.
upside is mahi-mahi love to hide and proliferate under those mats, so may be a good fishing season :man_shrugging:t4:

14 Likes

…critics praised him for humor that ‘‘was without a shred of racial rancor,’’ others criticized him for ‘‘defusing his blackness.’’

‘‘Funny is not a color,’’ Mr. Wilson responded. ‘‘Being black is only good from the time you get from the curtain to the microphone.’’ He insisted that ‘‘my main point is to be funny; if I can slip a message in there, fine.’’

via NYT obit

10 Likes

Looks like there are even bigger mats elsewhere:

10 Likes

We want pics of you fishing on your boat!!!

Living vicariously.

14 Likes

ok. you asked.

from last thursday, fishing for mangrove snapper in Largo Sound.
this one counts for the Odd Stuff topic because… well, just look at it. obviously the dude’s bananas.

21 Likes

Hey look at it! There’s room for all of us!

19 Likes

Cool! Thanks.

Also - what Akimbo said!

It took them 9 months to get that to me.

16 Likes

:thinking: Will it trap floating trash or be affected by hurricane season? I’m wondering where else it might wind up after a storm… :grimacing:

Jazz Seaweed GIF by The Itchyworms

9 Likes

A hula girl on the dashboard…yup, you’re the real deal!

11 Likes

18 Likes

If you go down in the woods today, you’re sure of a big surprise
If you go down in the woods today, you’d better go in disguise

15 Likes

While not built just to shelter the horses, still pretty cool.

15 Likes