Odd Stuff (Part 4)

You Got It Ok GIF

8 Likes

That gives me an idea.

To be fair - it might be a rubbish idea…

9 Likes

17 Likes

Was expecting that, surprised it took so long!

9 Likes

… different from the “Piers Gaveston Society” :confused:

3 Likes

Daylight Savings Time will do that sometimes. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Yup, and Daylight Saving Time, too.

#pedantry

8 Likes

Waking Up Morning GIF

10 Likes

Efffing trains!

We’re losing sleep because trains! Grrrrrrr.

5 Likes

12 Likes

is that true john mulaney GIF by Saturday Night Live

8 Likes

“ But three decades before, the Beatles had tried to get a “Lord of the Rings” film off the ground. After playing themselves in “A Hard Day’s Night” and “Help!,” the Fab Four was ready to play fictional characters. Apple Films executive Denis O’Dell spearheaded the hunt for material, and Lennon reportedly loved the idea of “Rings.” Lennon would play Gollum, Paul McCartney would play Frodo, George Harrison would be Gandalf and Ringo Starr would play Sam.

Stanley Kubrick, fresh off “Dr. Strangelove,” was approached to direct, while the Beatles would provide the music. Kubrick said no — he considered it “unfilmable” and, more importantly, Tolkien turned them down. Other directors who were considered included Michelangelo Antonioni, David Lean and Richard Lester. Kubrick went on to make “2001: A Space Odyssey,” and the Beatles turned to animation with “Yellow Submarine.””

11 Likes

… of course the actual Beatles had almost nothing to do with the YS movie besides licensing themselves to it :thinking:

( the headline here is clickbait, nobody hated anything )

6 Likes

Worse yet, my alarm clock automatically switches.

6 Likes

They sound like a fun bunch of guys…

6 Likes

So that’s where they got it.

8 Likes

Charlie Brooker on Cameron and #piggate: ‘I’d have been screaming it into traffic if I’d known’ | Black Mirror | The Guardian

9 Likes

Surprised Cat GIF

Ironic, since most of us now associate Apple with a computer company…

Confused Tom Hanks GIF

10 Likes

Dr. Peter Beter

The debut album Only Lovers Left Alive was released, the title taken from the novel by Dave Wallis. The concept album tells the story of far-right conspiracy theorist Peter Beter (who allegedly provided secret information on tapes) from the perspective of a teenager who wants to fight “the system” only to ultimately succumb to it.

https://www.goldminemag.com/articles/footnote-archives-conspiracy-theories-abound-with-wanderers

10 Likes
8 Likes