Your very own cop show

How does your username solve mysteries, crimes, and more?

ETA: with a username like mine, the crims are not gonna see me coming…

10 Likes

Wasn’t me!

7 Likes

obviously with forensic entmology

12 Likes

That makes sense

3 Likes

i’m a pirate.
i don’t cop to anything.

12 Likes
6 Likes

Guess I’m old-school: back to the original Chicago cop show, Hill Street Blues. And I’ll say ‘youse guys’ a lot.

14 Likes

CSI: Philately

6 Likes
6 Likes

“In 1894, the owner was murdered by a rival collector.”

But according to this stamp, the owner faked his death. We’ve run the saliva samples on the glue and they’re a match.

2 Likes

My character, Detective Al Corrupt dies in the pilot episode, shortly after I acquire the keys to the evidence room.

8 Likes

I feel a ghostbloke show would follow the Beauty and the Beast and Forever Knight formula of supernatural denizen who fights crime with a love interest he can never fully live in the same world as. Hopefully less willing to toss aside the human co-star.

2 Likes

well, my username is my first and middle birth names. I’d like to be Jim Rockford (except he was a PI not a cop) but I’d probably act more like Columbo without the underlying cunning.

but if my name was a made-up internet username? a detective who specializes in forensic text analysis followed by a bloody, theatrical beat-down of the perp.

9 Likes

Good cop to someone else’s bad cop.

12 Likes

I would use numerology to solve murders involving powers [ETA: Thanks @NukeML for pointing that out.] of three.

9 Likes

A western historian living in Japan who uses her expertise to solve historical puzzles about popular music in Japan… :grimacing:

14 Likes

Even though your username is not divisible by 3?

4 Likes

It’s powers of three.

6 Likes

Aha! 1-3-9-27

11 Likes

Work for the police? Piffle!

10 Likes