Man asks cops the same nosey questions they ask us

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/30/man-asks-cops-the-same-nosey-q.html

15 Likes

This guy is an a-hole, but I still laughed.

16 Likes

It’s so hilarious because all they have to do is walk away. There is no reason for these cops to take any of this bait. But they do, because they are seeing this as an attack on their authority (which it only is if they acknowledge it as such, which they do). It’s perfect.

44 Likes

A better title would be “man being an asshole to a policeman.”

15 Likes

Me too, right at the Jedi-mind-trick moment where the cop started answering the questions instead of asking his own.

10 Likes

I recall being questioned by one of the university cops on campus. She pretended it was a friendly conversation, but it was basically a sidewalk interrogation. Oddly, she didn’t begin with asking my name, that came quite late in the “conversation.” I gave it and, continuing with the pretense that this is just a pleasant chat, asked her hers. She acted offended and snarled “Officer Gibson.”

I almost burst out laughing.

36 Likes

this seems like a good way to get arrested or shot.

10 Likes

Arrested for what? Harsh language?

8 Likes

Brass balls, sir. Brass balls.

25 Likes

I found this hilarious after watching a rerun of First Blood last night.
To call the guy an asshole would seem to require ignoring the righteous indignation of that detective (and police everywhere) who treat others in the exact same fashion, but with a gun and authority to do ruin lives if their authoritah isn’t respected.
I gotta say that the other cop looked like a good apple. He seemed to think it was kinda funny.

30 Likes

The best thing you can say to an officer that is fucking with you ?

“Officer, you’re free to go.”

27 Likes

If the internet had a motto, it would surely be “two wrongs make a right”

8 Likes

i’m sure they could come up with something. public nuisance? who knows.

2 Likes

A police station is public property not a medieval fortress.

Photography and videography is not a crime in public.

Nor is asking public employees questions on camera.

I’m losing at understanding what you mean.

Should he not have looked the detective in the eyes ?

25 Likes

I found it interesting that the detective answered some of the videographer’s questions. When the cops interrogate someone, that someone has the right to remain silent. But there’s something about our psychology that makes not responding to at least some of a barrage of questions very difficult.

Maybe it’s because of the hope that a couple answers will bring an uncomfortable encounter to an end.

Maybe the mere act of asking questions conveys a sense of authority just as much as a badge. Or maybe it’s the camera.

I feel the videographer was a jerk, but I find the result fascinating in this regard.

13 Likes

First Amendment Auditors are as annoying as sovereigns and Moors.

1 Like

I can’t find a definition of Moor that makes sense in this context. Can you elaborate, please?

5 Likes

Well, there’s the racist one. But I don’t know the original poster’s character, so I wouldn’t want to cast aspersions.

1 Like

Resisting arrest.

6 Likes

I’m guessing:

9 Likes