Man asks cops the same nosey questions they ask us

Stop me if you’ve heard this joke before…“two assholes meet in a parking lot…”

6 Likes

Sure the videographer is being an asshole. But that’s not the point. The point is that cops have a well-earned reputation for excess. Excessive force. Excessive abuse of their actual authority. And have forgotten that every member of the public is deserving of respect and consideration, at least initially.

The point is that until police start understanding that their role is to show respect to everyone, to actually protect and serve, instead of acting like adolescent hall monitors meting out a TV version of instant justice, the public will continue to see them as adversaries instead of bullies, who are what the job seems to attract.

25 Likes

It is that, yes, but that isn’t a better title.

25 Likes

cf Trump’s huffy meltdown patterns when asked questions about things he’s said.

19 Likes

I mean, the main reason this guy didn’t and wasn’t was because A.) He’s obviously white, and B.) he’s already recording the interaction.

7 Likes

Why? I mean, cops feel entitled to come into everyone’s place of business, hold up everyone’s job, and ask nosy ass questions.

If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

16 Likes

When there are millions of bumper-stickers and flags that endorse all authority wielded by assholes in parking lots with cameras, I think we can call it two wrongs.

6 Likes

Does it matter? Cops arrest and beat and kill all the time and are practically never held accountable in any meaningful way.

Cops will continue beating and killing and falsely arresting as long as there’s a conflict of interest with those who would prosecute them.

13 Likes

Put it this way; a sensible person of color who values their freedom and safety would never pull a stunt like this.

25 Likes

God this is funny - this genius has single handedly, reverse engineered authority - it’s a break thru, nothing less.

7 Likes

It’s James Freeman. The guy is part of the 1st Amendment Auditor ‘community’, though terming him an auditor is the grossest possible insult to that profession. He just goes around antagonising public service workers as offensively as he can to elicit reactions that he posts to YT for clicks & views. He’s not interested in rights, he’s just in it for the £ and showing off to his subs. I’m very surprised & really disappointed you decided to give him airtime & encouragement.

5 Likes

The LIVE PD tv show is an anathema that is creating Trumps With Badges.

1 Like

If you have the privilege to stand up to it … it is your job to do so for persons of color. For all of us.

2 Likes

12 Likes

You used the wrong symbol. It should be $.

We have a club for that.
It’s not very exclusive.
Which is disappointing in itself.

14 Likes

My favourite bit was the sign on the gate that says “EMPLOYEE’S ONLY”:

Eats shoots and destroys bodycam footage

10 Likes

He’s using cop voice. I’ll bet he has a cop face

Video is edited. At some point the cop agreed to be in the video.

Brass memes, more like.

1 Like

“Employee’s Only”

5 Likes

It almost works if you look at it as an unbroken statement: “Employee’s only public access is on the south side at the main entrance.”

5 Likes