Odd Stuff (Part 4)

5 Likes

Thirty-five years, and still rolling.

9 Likes

As with so many stupid internet fads, the rick-roll trend had its start at 4chan, a message-board whose lunatic, juvenile community is at once brilliant, ridiculous and alarming.

My how some things have changed though (article is from 2008)

12 Likes

‘If You Want a Picture of the Future, Imagine a Bot Saying You Would Be Pretty If You Smiled – For Ever’

-Probably George Orwell

12 Likes

Yeah, they never kicked out the just kidding Nazis, and pretty soon they had a real Nazi problem.

Also, 4chan was notorious for stealing credit for memes. Something Awful, Fark or Slashdot might lay better claim to that, or it just happened.

7 Likes
8 Likes

I want one just because I love interestingly-shaped vehicles.

The All-Electric Canoo Is Like NO Other Van You’ve Ever Known or Driven: Come Ride Along With Me! - YouTube

7 Likes

Once again rest of the world must be a real shitshow.

18 Likes

Yes.

12 Likes

In particular, trust in Trump was higher among those who disagreed that women are disadvantaged in the workplace, those who believed it is okay to use physical violence to address bullying, those who supported increased penalties for undocumented immigrants, those who supported more preparation to offset the threats from international terrorists, those who disagreed that climate change is real, and those who agreed that the news media has increased racial discrimination.

Additionally, intentions to vote for Trump were higher among those who disapproved of “participation trophies,” those who were skeptical that long-term interracial romantic relationships could be successful, those who felt athlete protests during the National Anthem were unacceptable, and those who believed that presidential candidates should be able to ban the press from campaign events.

11 Likes
14 Likes

7 Likes

4Th Of July Kids GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

9 Likes

So, in a nutshell: losers.

8 Likes

Didn’t read it yet, but it sounds like they found a way to detect these…

Jane Fonda Feminism GIF by Emmys

10 Likes

Maybe the bad lyrics thread made me think of this, but the caption of this one should be:

Oh no we gonna rock down to Donut Avenue
And then we’ll take it higher!

8 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

8 Likes

Privacy fail: Pictures cropped, redacted by Google Pixel phones can be recovered

If you’ve owned a Google Pixel smartphone since the 3 series came out in 2018, bad news: any screenshot that you’ve cropped or redacted on your Pixel can be potentially restored without much fuss.

[…]

“Uncrop” is real.

7 Likes
13 Likes

The woke-ocracy, laid bare! Is this REALLY the kind of world the libruls want to have!!!

miss jay gif GIF

/bitter SSSSSSSSS

11 Likes