Odd Stuff (Part 4)

I dunno, I was about to shrilly suggest we get a few more people in that gender picture…

5 Likes

Sadly, it contains no chicken

4 Likes

Vulnerabilities

2 Likes
5 Likes

Prince Joachim of Denmark announces move to America after his children lose their royal titles

The second son of Queen Margrethe is moving to Washington, DC, this summer

“Joachim alleged that he hasn’t talked to his mother, his brother Crown Prince Frederik or his sister-in-law Crown Princess Mary following the shocking news. He also claimed that the monarchy “unfortunately” had not connected with them since the announcement of the title changes.

“It’s also family. Or whatever we want to call it,” he said.”

I guess we’re the Euro trash dumping ground now.

11 Likes

Royalty

10 Likes

The sinking itself took just 15 minutes, Rodriguez said.

Bianca Brateanu was below cooking and got thrown in the collision. She rushed up to the deck while looking to the starboard and saw a whale with a small dorsal fin 30 to 40 feet off that side, leading the group to wonder if at least two whales were present.

Within five seconds of impact, an alarm went off indicating the bottom of the boat was filling with water, and Rodriguez could see it rushing in from the stern.

Archive version: https://archive.ph/LPJzt

11 Likes

wow, what a story!
i couldn’t tell from the article if the sailboat hit the whale, or the whale hit them. calm, cool and level-headed, they all survived.
extra bonus: the captain is from Tavernier. cool. that’s not far from me. shout out to Coral Shores! go 'canes!

11 Likes
5 Likes
12 Likes

James Leighton makes a funny typo: it’s 2017, not 1917.

2 Likes

Extra extra points for this:

Rodriguez made a mayday call on the VHF radio and set off the Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB).

Everyone who boats more than a few hundred meters offshore should buy an EPIRB.

10 Likes
15 Likes

That’s going to get repurposed.

9 Likes

TIL that guy fucking a TV is Daniel Kwan he won 3 Oscars for Everything Everywhere All at Once. He also directed that music video.

5 Likes

… “the happiest voters in the world” :crazy_face:

3 Likes
8 Likes

Edit:

More information:

10 Likes

Just looking the seaweed up (as far as I know all seaweed is edible) and this was the first thing that came up. I’m hungry now:

7 Likes

I wasn’t aware that snipers were routinely deployed. Sounds like Project Insight.

12 Likes