Odd Stuff (Part 5)

Do you want an exhaustive list?

6 Likes

Itā€™s so hard to imagine. Can I get an illustrated list?

Actually, if you could get some Oompa Loompas to sing a song about each one, I think that would really drive the point home. The songs can all use the same melody and opening lyrics if that helps.

7 Likes

Not much of a compose or arranger, but Iā€™ll see if I canā€™t do something in poem formā€¦

3 Likes

If a rotor should hit a wall,
you are sure to have a great fall.
Before you can land on the ground,
your whole body like chuck will be ground.

6 Likes

The aerocycle was a half-baked prototype
Although the army was caught up in the hype
The two stroke motor meant it was quite light,
that didnā€™t help with stability, or to remain upright.
A deadman switch would kill the motor sans pilot
but then the rotor wouldnā€™t really even slow a lot.
Meaning that getting horizontally dissected was
a distinct possibility, unless you ran out of gas.
The high center of gravity was also a big issue,
the pendulum effect, or just some wind at the wrong time
meant your family would be likely to miss you.

Canā€™t think of more rhymes for the hazards of birds, trees, walls, or other people, or being upright and unprotected on a noisy platform in the middle of a battlefield.

7 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

Experimental chopper blades ripped my flesh!

5 Likes

https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article/california-cannabis-largest-market-19495568.php

Onebox not working:

Michigan now sells more legal cannabis than California

Weā€™re number one!

10 Likes

Somehow safer and more reliable than a Tesla

9 Likes
8 Likes

iā€™m tellin yā€™all, they are missing an opportunity here to put this new texas exchange in Fort Worth. the reintroduction of the once famous Fort Worth Stockyards.

4 Likes

Itā€™s like they never heard of Phish fans before booking the band

13 Likes

First? Itā€™s like the donā€™t know how construction laborers and painters spend their working days.

9 Likes

16 Likes

oh! i gotta have one of those!

10 Likes
13 Likes

OMFG, the cat! :rofl:

15 Likes

False Flags (not that kind)
Flags. They seem to be everywhere. At baseball games. Outside post offices. There are even flags on the damn moon. And some people, if the internet is to be believed, even dream flags.

6 Likes

[ā€¦]
As far as the official Tetris corporate line is concerned, Pajitnov created Tetris in 1984 - June 6, 1984, to be precise - on a Soviet Electronika 60 computer.
The Electronika 60 lacked a graphic user interface, meaning the first Tetris blocks were just rows and rows of ASCII characters. The reason Tetris rows disappear? Legend has it itā€™s due to the limited memory in the Electronika 60, which necessitated clearing the screen. The machine is basically an LSI-based PDP-11 clone.
[ā€¦]

https://tetris.wiki/Tetris_(Electronika_60)

7 Likes