Odd Stuff (Part 5)

c9b89b5c-8a36-41c2-9887-d3d1f51f213f_text

6 Likes
6 Likes
10 Likes
5 Likes

They did, according to the article (warning, graphic injuries), but an expert dismissed the idea because turtles’ mouths aren’t that big. The consensus seems to be that a muskie is the most probable suspect.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Nah, they’re a more recent recreation. Materials back then were such that the frames had to be thicker all around. Ask me how I know!

4 Likes
11 Likes
16 Likes

Sorry my writing was so unclear. I don’t think those glasses are older than I am, but they are 50s/60s style. Even my Grandpapa had a pair like that.

ETA: D’oh! Meant to add, “Yes, I’m curious - what is your expertise in this field?” loki27Lightshow tophat-cool

7 Likes

Aw, and here I’d assumed she’d say something about our being the 1st generation w/access to hyper-processed, plastic food w/tons of preservatives our entire lives.
tophat-shrug

8 Likes

I thought it was going to be about how those women went through the Great Depression & WWII.

7 Likes

I thought the obvious answer to “why do middle-aged people in old photos look so old” was smoking is really really really bad for you :thinking:

13 Likes

OMG Thank You! What an idiot I am for not thinking of that, and me an empath and all!
tophat-blush tophat-sad

8 Likes

My expertise is wearing glasses since about 1965!

9 Likes

Grandpapa also had a pair of octagonal wire-framed cheaters. I found them in a drawer long after he died. Never saw him wearing them.

I hope to find something similar next time I get glasses: they were wonderful.

8 Likes

Was he a Bond villain?

12 Likes

LOL No tophat-biggrin He was wonderful. tophat-biggrin

I am diggin’ those silver frames; Grandpapa’s were gold.

8 Likes
18 Likes

Saw some of hexagonal whilst looking at glasses. I think it was these

The chunkier rims look interesting too

Not exactly octagonal, bit rounded

9 Likes