Odd Stuff (Part 5)

When the lid is kept closed, facing the toilet to open it before use gives folks a chance to make sure it’s safe.

Think Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

8 Likes

8 Likes
5 Likes

Yup, that’s the one.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Normal night in Florida

6 Likes

I got hip to kedging thanks to the XLNT early spy thriller The Riddle of the Sands by Erskine Childers.

Mom’s parents were boaters, but not sailors.

4 Likes

Kedging sounds like the kind of thing I should worry about showing up in my search history. I couldn’t cope with the voice in the video, so I’ll just take you at your word that it’s something sailors are into.

4 Likes

Does warping sound less history-cringe than kedging?

… under the command of the infamous pirate Blackbeard ran aground attempting to kedge the Queen Anne’s Revenge off the bar near Beaufort Inlet, North Carolina in June 1718.

It is a laborious, frequently anxiety-ridden procedure under the best of terms. With the Royal Navy after yr piratin’ arse, it’s a nightmare.

6 Likes

0dd-2604890233

6 Likes

delicate sensibilities

{We better save this one for the Memeversation, huh? :smiley: It’ll come in handy :smiley: }

3 Likes

raw-1494030132

4 Likes

{There’s a particklarly great scene in the novel Child of the Morning by Pauline Gedge, in which the future King of Egypt, the Princess Hatshepsut is rather fawningly described by a courtier as “Egypt’s Hope.” “Egypt’s Hope!” she snorts, well out of earshot. “Egypt’s Flower!” and rolls her eyes.}

6 Likes
6 Likes

https://worldofspectrum.net/warajevo/index.html

3 Likes

Listen: Alaska flight’s distress call to air traffic control

7 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

th-448365990

8 Likes

I’ve been hurt before.

8 Likes

Sorry, what do you mean?

4 Likes

That car has been in some bad relationships.

3 Likes