Odd Stuff (Part 5)

Makes ‘rolling coal’ lower on the offensive spectrum.

7 Likes

On the other hand, a tasty tourist just might cheer them up.

4 Likes

17 Likes

“stressed, depressed, lemon zest”

???

An FWC spokesperson said in a statement that by the time its officers and biologists arrived, “the bear had dispersed and walked off into the adjacent woods”.

Can a single being disperse?

6 Likes
5 Likes

Energy drink flavour?

14 Likes

Athena and Nike, y’all!

Bonus:
Amusing music

8 Likes

With enough explosives.

9 Likes
10 Likes

Does this taste funny?

5 Likes

25 Likes

Good way to put it. Reminds me of how rape-danger awareness messaging on college/university campuses is all about how women can protect themselves, and nothing about how men should control themselves and other men. :rage:

17 Likes
12 Likes
7 Likes

Centennial Park in Nashville. I moved there in 87, graduated and moved away in 92, and the ENTIRE TIME, the Parthenon was closed and surrounded by a really tall chain link fence.
the original structure was not built to last, it was put up temporarily for a world’s fair kind of thing. all the other structures were demolished but they decided to keep the Parthenon, but it couldn’t hold itself together for long. so they had to remodel, which also brought the underground museum and the statue. I don’t think that it originally had a statue, but the current one came with the remodel.
I passed right by it literally every day on the way to school, and hung out at the park a lot, too. ugly-ass, giant chain link fence every day.
frustratingly, the sculptor spoke to my highschool art class and showed a bunch of slides, which was cool, but you couldn’t actually see it until after I moved away. the spear shaft was a flagpole donated by a local McDonald’s.

8 Likes

Wow! Thanks for the further info! You hipped me to stuff I didn’t know even after seeing this one:

6 Likes

23 Likes

21 Likes

notwiselybuttoowell

just walked past a guy whose shirt said PLINY THE ELDER huge across the back like a jersey

9 Likes

Lol. John Oliver’s show tonight (after 4 weeks on vacation) talks about how much news has happened, makes a few comments about Biden and then notes “the news is moving so fast that we’re taping on Saturday, and who knows where things will be by the time you actually watch this.”

Yup.

11 Likes