Odd Stuff (Part 5)

:+1: :smile:
Much better than this one.

1 Like

15 Likes

I knew this instantly and haven’t seen the movie in years.

11 Likes

I’ll come up with a Crafty response

9 Likes

You mean to tell me that punks can be normal people too?

Cool Cat Yes GIF

6 Likes

27 Likes

18 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes

“hey, Shimano, I’m good; just give me a normal cable actuated derailleur, or if you insist on electronic, gimme a wired connection.”

“no, pro racer, you will ride what we give you. bikes have been mostly solved technology for a long time. without constantly introducing gimmicks, we can’t show our shareholders growth. the line needs to go UP, not sideways. now get out there and sell our product.”

6 Likes

… I was just randomly thinking about a thing, and there was already a BB article about it

good stuff in the comments too

6 Likes
4 Likes

I’m sure they must have saved pennies per unit by using a crap RF controller rather than Bluetooth. It’s amazing that the shifters don’t interfere with each other up close.

Taking the wider view, they took a beautiful form of transportation that requires minimal maintenance, and added a point of failure that’s going to cripple it the moment either battery dies.

6 Likes

I want this to be true

13 Likes

Yeah, I’m a little late with this… The Olympics are over and everything but this performance will not be denied.

:fire: :accordion:

3 Likes

Well, for the record, it might be true. It doesn’t actually mean anything in Greek and that’s not an Indo-European root as is. However in Hindu mythology there are two dogs guarding the underworld, Sharvara and Shyama, which mean spotted and black in Sanskrit. I guess it’s been debated whether Cerberus is another version of Sharvara.

11 Likes

9 Likes

Uh huh. And if it needs a wiring harness between the generator, the control box, and the shifter, why not skip the RF?

1 Like

dogs blinking GIF by NeonMob

8 Likes