Odd Stuff (Part 5)

I don’t think the tooth fairy is the real threat about the whole thing…

10 Likes

Saw these restaurants around Lexington, SC.

“Lizard” and “country cooking” just don’t fit together in my mind.

10 Likes

you’ve never had iguana, “chicken of the trees”?
fried alligator tail nuggets is also a popular “country cooking” delight. at least in these parts.

10 Likes

Yeah, forgot about gators. Their sign makes it look like they are serving the Geico Gecko.

10 Likes

I have had alligator and it was really tasty.

As long as I don’t have to wrestle him for his nuggets, I’d totally eat that again.

14 Likes

Whatever I was eating, I just spat it out laughing.
:grinning:

8 Likes
9 Likes

The RPi5-8G arrived! The speed and ram increase really makes a difference.

That’s the 4th Pi in that case, and 5th SBC.

After 10 years continuous use, the hard drive finally gave up the ghost, but the wiki is running again (backups!), although it needs some tweaks and testing before it’s ready to open it to the Internet.

I’ll probably redo the Friendica node from scratch, and do myself a big favor and give it its own domain. I also took the opportunity to switch it from Apache to Nginx, so reverse proxy to test projects on the RPi3s will be easier. Skweee!

4 Likes

Sooooo, instead of shelf-stable, mature technology propellants for tube artillery, use super-duper hydrogen powered guns? Sounds a bit underpants gnomes to me. Also, don’t artillery propellants burn quite slowly, for relative values thereof, whereas hydrogen and oxygen most assuredly do not? :thinking:

Being on the ol’ 30 under 30 list does seem like a biiiiit of a giveaway of rampant criminality doesn’t it?

4 Likes

16 Likes

That doesn’t look like corn on the cob to me.

21 Likes

It’s difficult to make a meal of geckos- they’re just appetizers.

9 Likes

“Bless the Maker and His water. Bless the coming and going of Him. May His passage cleanse the world. May He keep the world for His people.”

10 Likes

Yeah, it was a toss-up.

12 Likes
6 Likes

Any idea how many “lost” Lennon guitars there are?
Asking for a friend…

10 Likes

Just like certain antiques, they are making more every single day.

12 Likes

So it’s called candy corn because it resembles a popcorn bucket? :thinking:

5 Likes

I can imagine the job listing.

Do the words autoexec.bat and config.sys mean anything to you?
Do you know the difference between EMM386.EXE and HIMEM.SYS?
Do you know why MS-DOS 6.2x exists?
Do the words “hot dog stand” fill you with existential dread?
Do you know what a COM port is?
Do you know why you should never use the words nul, con, aux, or prn in a file name?
Do you know what IRQ 0-7 are for?

If you have answered “no” to any of these questions, you need not apply.

17 Likes

All I know is that mine is authentic, because it’s marked on the back with sharpie “This is my lost guitar, signed John Lennon”.

9 Likes