Odd Stuff (Part 5)

Stay classy and ever tasteful, kantye.

4 Likes

A Police car chases a suspect vehicle in Brazil.

13 Likes

15 Likes
8 Likes

I posted this over in “Fuck Today”, but it also fits here, I think.

(H/T to @NukeML for the suggestion.)

5 Likes

Let the pizza arguments begin!

7 Likes

They’ve been voted #1 a bunch of times now.

Unfortunately, the daughter who lives within walking distance is vegan. Life is unfair.

10 Likes

I read a long article about this house and what Kanye did to it in The New Yorker I think. It was just what you’d expect from someone like him.

He a spent ton of money on a unique and architecturally significant mansion, hired completely unqualified labor because he “liked their vibe”, was a terrible and abusive boss, changed his mind every other day about what he wanted, basically destroyed the house, didn’t get any of the necessary permits, was shut down by the city, and eventually gave up on the project after his whims changed.

After all that money spent, all he had to show for it was an uninhabitable hollowed out husk of concrete left to rot in the elements.

ETA it was The New Yorker.

Paywall free:

10 Likes

Sounds like Republican behavior in a nutshell.

Season 2 Surprise GIF by PBS

12 Likes

I can’t understand why, 9 times outta 10, when rich people buy a house, they gut it, and usually make at least the interior hideous.

ETA:

and 7 out of 10 times they never even live there post-hideousification!

9 Likes

Adding that to my personal dictionary!

7 Likes

Please help yourself XD

5 Likes

In my old neighborhood, that happened all the time to a lesser degree: rugs ripped out and “hardwood” vinyl put down, toilets swapped, kitchen remodeled, repainted, etc.

A neighbor updated everything in the house before selling, and the new owners still ripped out all that new stuff and replaced it.

9 Likes
7 Likes

Happy Cake Day!

15 Likes

But Mach’s giddy financing had been prefaced by a troubling, and near fatal, misstep. Months earlier, Thornton and another employee were almost killed while testing a Mach weapon. Four former employees with knowledge of the matter told Forbes that Thornton was reaching into a blast chamber surrounding a hydrogen-powered gun when the gas unexpectedly ignited, blowing up the machinery and sending a spray of shrapnel across the room. Thornton was miraculously unharmed, but a colleague helping with the test was rushed to the hospital with hundreds of pieces of metal in his body. (The employee recovered, though some of the shrapnel remains.)

9 Likes

Sounds like someone should ask Thornton “How many days of your life have you been sick?”, preferably in a font that looks like hand lettering.

1 Like
10 Likes

I love how the motorcycle rider moved behind the telephone pole while thinking, “No good will come of this.”

6 Likes

17 Likes