Odd Stuff (Part 5)

apologies if this has posted already (about 6 months old now),

But who here isn’t a fan of the Voyager probes!

6 Likes

It was HEMA day at the dead mall

11 Likes

14 Likes

Walk without rhythm
It won’t attract the worm
Walk without rhythm
And it won’t attract the worm
Walk without rhythm
And it won’t attract the worm
If you walk without rhythm
Ah, you never learn, yeah

6 Likes

I take umbrage with the claim that we will never guess the connection betweenDune and Weapon of Choice. Grumble grumble.

9 Likes

Shiftwave is the most advanced general wellness and stress management device in the world. Relax in a zero-gravity recliner while microprocessor-controlled pulsed pressure waves, using patent-pending algorithms, waveforms, and biofeedback drive fundamental human physiology into alignment for an optimized body and a clear focused mind.

Scam Thirst Tweets GIF by BuzzFeed

18 Likes

“Zero-gravity”

Yup, scam.
At least as in “overpriced crap that won’t deliver what is promised”.

Seriously, you can achieve the same - if not more - with a nice cup of tea and a good book.

19 Likes

IMG_3042

19 Likes

How Long Could a Person Survive With an Unlimited Supply of Water, But No Food at All?

Not sure how accurate this is. Anybody here actually knows something about this in their professional capacity?

Looks like one could make it through lent this way. [Checks waistline.] Seems legit.

9 Likes

You can’t patent a pure algorithm. If the algorithm is tied to a process though you can patent the process, unless that process is based on junk science / nonsense

Our patent-pending technology then uses an algorithm to generate patterns of pulsed pressure waves to tune you, in real-time, to your optimal flow state.

Yeah sounds like nonsense

15 Likes

Reminds of Netsurfer by Ilkka Terho & Teppo Asikainen from 1995.

9 Likes

I think my flow rate is suboptimal.

11 Likes

That’s exactly why you’re a prime candidate for leveraging our algorithm, to level up that suboptimal flow rate. (Meanwhile, please help optimize our profit rate by paying no attention to our bullshit’s flow rate.)

13 Likes

What about the other six?

5 Likes
9 Likes

Maybe I can make this into one of those topics that always starts arguments on BB? :laughing:

14 Likes

Set it and forget it!

5 Likes

After seven hours, she was able to unlock the door.

Is it sad that I would’ve given up after two (possibly three) hours?

9 Likes

My ability to keep going would’ve been increased by being locked in the bathroom, instead of being locked out of the bathroom. :thinking:

happy dance GIF

14 Likes

18 Likes