Odd Stuff (Part 5)

Harrison Ford can’t escape the two-and-a-half-minute fanfare that John Williams composed for his most famous cinematic hero, Indiana Jones. “As I often remind John, his music follows me everywhere I go — literally,” Ford says. “When I had my last colonoscopy, they were playing it on the operating room speakers.”

17 Likes

It’s a bit like “Hail to the Chief”, isn’t it.

7 Likes

Apparently General Sherman came to hate Marching through Georgia because they played it every place he appeared from then on, which I kind of love.

7 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

6 Likes

Other counties declaring emergencies for the eclipse. But KUT has helpfully explained why and reasons make sense

The declaration allows Travis County Judge Andy Brown to control and coordinate traffic and other needs during the event. It also requires business and property owners planning to host events with more than 50 attendees to register with the county to ensure proper life safety and critical infrastructure is in place.

“The emergency services personnel asked me to enter this declaration so that we have the ability to regulate traffic to allow for the passage of emergency vehicles during the eclipse,” Brown told KUT. “We also want to make sure we have good sense of all events in that area and how that will impact traffic.”

8 Likes

Screenshot_20240308_150609_Gmail

14 Likes

No. 3 is worth the read…

9 Likes

Belgian brewer unable to make beer

Text Street GIF

Homer Simpson GIF

12 Likes

Every time I see a headline about Murdoch I’m all, ‘yay, he must be dead!’. And then I look at the article and he’s just getting fucking married again :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

8 Likes

It’s a trappist!

14 Likes

14 Likes

I can’t tell if that’s satire.

11 Likes

I think it’ll be easier once you get your hole serviced.

:+1:

13 Likes

Win-win either way.

8 Likes

:thinking:

https://archive.ph/Grgoz

Angela Chao, 50, was found dead shortly after midnight on February 11 after her car went into a pond at a ranch owned by the family in Johnson City, 40 miles outside Austin…

Chao’s death was initially deemed an unfortunate accident, but is now under criminal investigation, sheriffs said on Thursday.

“This incident was not a typical accident,” the Blanco County sheriff’s office said in a letter to Ken Paxton, the Texas attorney-general.

8 Likes

16 Likes
8 Likes

Reminds me of this story. Bought a house with cat pics, in a way,

20 Likes