Odd Stuff (Part 5)

Thanks for the link! I was afraid it might have been the next generation of “smart home” poking its head out to look for a target.

6 Likes

Keanu Reeves Wow GIF by Bill & Ted Face the Music

8 Likes

The Buffalo area having twice as many pizza places as NYC is even a surprise to me :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes
7 Likes

One day you’re there dancing with BTS and the next, some guy is shooting you with a assault rifle. Well at least it’s next job will be less high stakes

5 Likes
12 Likes

Yeah, I hate it when that happens.

12 Likes

So, now we’re adding robots to the media copaganda and K-9 kudos? :woman_facepalming:t4: I wonder how much robodogs cost to repair and replace? :thinking: A new one runs about $74K, as described in this story about NYC.

These investments are promoted as helping to keep cops safe…

…and make up for staffing problems in some areas:

It seems police departments with big budgets keep trying tech solutions without enough good results to justify the expense, so they use the MSM to sway public opinion. Who benefits from all this? Firms like these. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

I’m wondering if a net would stop one of those. Or one of those powerful magnets people trolley through water with.

8 Likes

Why are police departments paying to test R&D prototypes for these companies? That sounds backwards.

7 Likes

I’m sure tech execs and military equipment companies have a series of sales seminars somewhere. They’ve got the police testing the dogs that might one day go to the military, and the military testing the gear that winds up in the hands of the cops. Meanwhile, stats about the majority of citizens paying for all of this getting along better without soldiers or cops will be buried by the press.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

12 Likes

Syracuse also has a disproportionate number Pizza and ‘Italian’ restaurants. Lots of Italian last names in the area.

1 Like

I dunno, if you’re looking for pizza al taglio (by the slice), Rome is a top destination, al piatto (on a plate) yeah, loads of others rate higher.

2 Likes

I was really channeling my inner Italian. They have hyper regional biases when it comes to food!

4 Likes

A Russian Su-35 fighter jet crashed near Sevastopol, possibly downed by Russian anti-aircraft defence

7 Likes
19 Likes

Cool GIF

11 Likes
8 Likes

FAA halts Sequim wing-walking flights, revokes owner’s pilot license

https://archive.ph/VAuxv

I guess that’s off the bucket list.

10 Likes