Odd Stuff (Part 1)

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

Ah, for the days when the term “fanboi” didn’t exist, and Apple products could be readily tinkered with by their owners.

I get that it’s great to preserve historic computers, but I only have so much space, not to mention no money for any computer that has to go up for auction. Fortunately, emulation is a thing, and it can be quite fun to fire up an old Apple II game now and then.

I was given an old SPARCstation, now cooling its heels in storage, but it’s hard for me to get motivated to spend lots of hours tracking down obscure, obsolete parts to resurrect something with about the processing power of a 486, when a Raspberry Pi Zero will run circles around it.

2 Likes

I have tablet washcloths. Not from Disney, but from the same place where I got my Mama Nessie ladle. Kind of like a local upscale store that sells weird but cute kitchen gadgets that nobody really needs. Sometimes I even find stuff i read about on boingboing!

2 Likes

Former US Homeland Security Inspector General accused of stealing govt code and trying to resell it to… the US govt

4 Likes

What would machine learning look like if you mixed in DevOps? Wonder no more, we lift the lid on MLOps

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes

That’s like something out of Top Gear.

9 Likes

You know the word “bugger” is already taken, right?

And the Top Gear presenters probably count as fuckers, even though everyone knows them to be complete wankers.

5 Likes

art-geek-car-volkswagen-5762208

16 Likes

You know I didn’t come up with the name, right?

2 Likes

complete wankers

Well, Jeremy Clarkson at the very least.

8 Likes
6 Likes

2 Likes
3 Likes