The Loch Ness Ladle is real

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/18/the-loch-ness-ladel-is-no-lege.html

4 Likes

I bet this is one of those ladles that has the annoying habit of sliding off the edge of the pot and sinking below the surface of the soup every time you go looking for it.

24 Likes

I didn’t see what you did there, then I did.

13 Likes

Everybody else will fail to see it and you’ll wonder if you really bought it…

15 Likes

“Ladel”? Is this one of those US English vs UK English things? Or is a ladel somehow different from a ladle?

6 Likes

I think we’ll discover that the “ladle” is actually turbulence from a school of teaspoons disturbing the surface of the soup as it comes to a low simmer.

16 Likes

I’m ladling right now.

9 Likes

I tried to show them the photographic evidence but every time I tried to snap a picture with my smartphone it ended up looking like this:

24 Likes

We have the even smaller tea strainer species

10 Likes

This can’t be liked enough.

5 Likes

My wife bought one of these because it is cute, but it is almost completely non-functional. The handle bends when you ladle anything. DO NOT BUY THIS if you are looking for a functional kitchen tool.

3 Likes

I have to agree. I bought one of these myself (it is so very, very cute), but it’s usefulness is completely undone by being too flimsy to actually function as a ladle.

2 Likes

I have this and the tea strainer from @jreljac’s post. Pleasantly surprised to see them both pop up on the boingboing!

5 Likes

I bought their FSM colander and it is a treat to pour out the sacrificial pasta water.

Doubles as a hat.

8 Likes

We have (or had) one.

Yeah, not very good.

1 Like

Mmmm. The taste of near boiling hot plastic!

1 Like

X-All-The-Y_phixr

6 Likes

The late lamented Fred first made these.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.