Odd Stuff (Part 1)

“You can wipe your backside with it or wrap up your sarnies. It’s up to you. Just another great FREEDOM available to you now we’re free of the stifling, undemocratic EU.”

They’ll never put that up on the side of a bus…

2 Likes

Something for the Weekend, Sir?
What happens when security devices are insecure? Choose the nuclear option
Confuse those cyber attacks by placing a bucket of water on every floor

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/08/what_happens_when_security_devices_are_insecure_choose_the_nuclear_option/

1 Like

…and the punchline is:
The story ends mostly happily for the boy. A month later, he was completely back to normal, running and using his bike again. But it seems no lessons were learned on his family’s part. Despite the brutal ordeal and pleading by the doctors, they again chose not to vaccinate him for tetanus or any other diseases.

7 Likes

Ah, yes, the wonderfully mendacious “how to survive a nuclear attack” leaflets.

Would we have made it through the Cold War if the government had been honest and told us “None of you will survive a nuclear attack, we just want to keep you calm and make sure you die as quietly as possible, out of sight and leave your corpses neatly stacked inside your homes in the hope that if it was only a limited exchange, there might be few people left somewhere and we don’t want them/us (because we have much nicer bunkers than you although I’m not sure how we’re all supposed to get to them in the event of an attack, Bob’s looking quite smug because he works for the PM whereas my designated shelter is in Northumberland. I’m not sure where that is but I’m worried the Tube might not be running and it might take me more than the two minute warning to get to this Northumberland place…) catching the plague or whatever from having a lot of rotting bodies lying around in the open”?

3 Likes

Maybe I can start a smuggling operation after Brexit takes effect; running bog rolls across the channel.

2 Likes
1 Like

Fluffy baby T Rex!!

Edit: better link.

7 Likes

Awww…

3 Likes

According to the authors, the 6-year-old boy from Oregon had gotten a forehead scrape while playing outside on a farm sometime in 2017. The wound was cleaned and sutured at home…

Sutured at home? JFC, are these people living in the dark ages? Given that they refused to vaccinate even after the child’s suffering and near-death they are fucking barbarians. **really fucking angry emoji

6 Likes

Transcript leak: Inside Facebook’s secret crisis meeting, where Zuck and Sheryl race to save social network’s rep

This is gold.

4 Likes

This could be really big.

3 Likes

You hear that?

That’s the sound of Citrix products being thrown away. What firewalls?

2 Likes

guess we’ll have to switch to Huawei

5 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

I hope they find it soon.

11 Likes