Offensive burger ad banned in UK, ensuring that it runs in every newspaper as news and goes viral on social media

Originally published at: Offensive burger ad banned in UK, ensuring that it runs in every newspaper as news and goes viral on social media | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Who the hell thinks that up in the first place, then who the hell says “let’s see . . . a few choices here . . . yes, let’s go with that one.”

15 Likes

It’s odd that advertising “We are awful” attracts anyone, but I was once a member of the Elk’s Club…

5 Likes

Maybe don’t show this one, @beschizza ? That’s really, really low.

19 Likes

Burgers and Child Abuse back together again.

3 Likes

Leaving aside the incomprehensibly enormous amount of bad judgement required to make such a thing, that photochop doesn’t even make fucking sense.

What’s the falling money background for in the top third of the image?

4 Likes

Don’t say there’s a video all over the world to see and then not provide a link! The one link you do provide is to a news story saying essentially what you already said here.

1 Like

Another “what in the actual f**k” moment in marketing. Who keeps leaving the marketing team unsupervised?

3 Likes

This is not the kind of place that has a marketing team.

3 Likes

Reminder that the “Streisand effect” is a real thing.

3 Likes

The image carries the company’s name and mentions “burgers this good” so yes, it’s advertising.

5 Likes

Holy shit. WTF were they thinking?

2 Likes

Presumably the money that the McCanns are supposed to have made from selling their story and book.

This is a fucking vile exploitation and distortion – the sooner this company goes out of business the better. If the ASA had any teeth it should be going after them (especially since this is not their first offence), but that is out of their hands.

1 Like

I didn’t know they had Ding Dong Burgers in the UK.

1 Like

They did this last year, posting comparisons with serial killers on Father’s Day. It’s a shitty burger van, trolling.

No doubt lager bros and new new lads will find this hilarious and buy their slop at the end of a big night out. The rest of us should probably just block and move on.

6 Likes

Clearly no further than making money from a tragedy.
I wish that the worst of their todays are the best of their tomorrows.

I’m almost as offended by the aesthetics as by the message. That ad is just ugly all around.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.