Ohio Cops Attack Someone For Speaking Another Language

Good point. I’d love to hear that 9-11 call.

“Hello, 911 what is the nature of your emergency”
"*gasp. voice cracks* I-I just heard some guy pledge his loyalty to ISIS."
“Yeah? So is this an emergency? Does he have a gun? Or a bomb?”
“I DON’T KNOW! He’s just talking on a cellphone.”
“Listen, it doesn’t sound to me like much of an emergency. It’s not illegal to talk on a phone. Now I’m going to transfer you to someone who will take down your details so we can bill you appropriately for wasting our time.”

10 Likes

I agree. My point was that neither of those are the edict of law enforcement. I am sure that you know that, but I do meet a surprising (to me) number of people who don’t pause to consider what the actions of cops who they are paying for have to do with actual laws. I have experienced this when (rarely) talking with cops myself.

“So, which statute is that again? What did it say?”
“Umm… We know what we’d like to see…”

1 Like

So they were fluent in Arabic then? And are so up on current affairs that they know what the oath is, to pledge allegiance to ISIS?

Yeah, no.

10 Likes

You’d think it was kinda similar for someone that works in a hotel too, but apparently not.

2 Likes

You underestimate how threatening those derka derka languages can sound to the untrained ear.

3 Likes

And drones.

Horrible joke, but I have to do it…

1 Like

Heard this story on the radio over the weekend and it made an impression:

Bicycle safety on Essex (from The Moth)

An author rides with some NYC cops, sees a great (and sad) story.

Would they attack someone in Ohio for speaking Klingon? (Oklahoma sure, but Ohio?)

1 Like

No, they would probably apply the Heimlich maneuver first.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 228 days. New replies are no longer allowed.