Oklahoma lawmakers want men to approve all abortions

I have, a couple of times. It was quite sobering.

5 Likes

I picture it something like this:

Also, “post truth” blah blah blah, this actually happened, because I think it did.

I’ll say one thing for the current political climate: it is certainly giving me ample opportunity to live up to my username. I was starting to feel like a bit of a fraud for a while there…

15 Likes

Christwhatanasshole (is that considered one word?) Law

10 Likes

I’m surprised the guy didn’t quote Immortan Joe;

###“That’s MY property, Splendid!”

24 Likes

Yes–“the status quo”.

18 Likes

Boy-o-boy, if you weren’t around to explain that to me, how might I have possibly figured it out on my own, in my weak little secondary-species brain? It’s not like every aspect of my life since birth has been affected by mysoginy or anything. /s

You probably didn’t mean it that way, but that was really condescending. There are indeed women who have internalized the disrespect, but your comment sounds like you find us all too stupid to realize it on our own.

22 Likes

Sooooo, is water in Oklahoma screened for lead on a regular basis?

Maybe they promote lead down there to increase the Republican voting base?

12 Likes

Oklahoma.

4 Likes

Yes, of course. I think every group has experience with the evangelist type who desperately Needs to Tell Everyone About the New Thing that they’ve just discovered. I know I’ve ran into this in Pagan circles, gaming, comic book discussions, about every TV fandom I can think of … Most of us calm down very quickly and, for example, want the ones who obsess about every single little detail to just chill and enjoy the show / food / drum circle / whatever. (I’ve known people who didn’t want to publicly admit they were Pagan because they didn’t want to be associated with the “Crystal rubbing fluffy bunny” set.)

7 Likes

12 Likes

Does this also mean the man can demand the woman have an abortion if the man doesn’t want to pay for child support?

25 Likes

“We know we belong to the man (yo-ho)
And the man we belong to is grand!”

7 Likes

I’m not sure how the picture connects to my post, but if the message is that we would have been better off if everyone shown in the pic had been aborted, then woohoo!

6 Likes

I’d considered replying that many of us womenfolk are already well aware of the insidious disregard that much of the GOP has for us, (and that’s why we’re not Republicans) but I think even women who vote on the right have some clue, even as they vote against their own self interest.

But I figured it would be a waste of time.

Excellent fucking question.

22 Likes

This might help :slight_smile:

Edit: This idiotic Oklahoman is a symptom of a MUCH larger issue

6 Likes

Hey Justin Humphrey, you want a say? Then you carry it to term!

14 Likes

TGOP asshole alert !

1 Like

Except 53% of white women voted for Trump. Now, that doesn’t mean that 53% of white women as a whole voted for the sick POS. Just the ones that the GOP let out of the kitchen, I guess…

2 Likes

I think I could probably write several pages on what is wrong with this statement from him, word by word. The fact that he regards women as “hosts” shows his attitude towards women; another thing that’s jumping out at me is his attitude towards children.

If someone thinks abortion is murder then they think its murder regardless of whether the father agrees. That’s not what’s going on here, this isn’t some religious fetuses-are-people-too thing. It’s a “men own women, and men own children” thing.

The entire reason pregnant people ought to be able to have abortions is because it is their body that is hosting the fetus. It’s not because parents have a right to decide to kill their kids. Saying the opinion of the sperm donor is relevant is turning this on its head. We have societal customs that if you impregnate someone you are responsible for helping to raise the child. You don’t own the thing.

31 Likes

Oh, yes, thank you sir for allowing me to feel it is my body. And thank you, sir, for deciding I should be responsible for what happens with this body. And thank you sir for making birth control so difficult to get, effectively removing any element of choice in what happens with this body I’m responsible for. And thank you, sir, for giving a man pretty much unfettered access to the body I’m responsible for when I almost inevitably become pregnant, which he’s apparently in no way at all responsible for. Thank you so very much.

/s

24 Likes