Oklahoma lawmakers want men to approve all abortions

We need male birth control more than ever.

14 Likes

4 Likes

I did address women on the right who vote against their own self interest.

IMO, they know, but as long as their own comfortable positions in the male dominated hierarchy are secure, they tend not to care.

17 Likes

“Say No to Sharia Law - Support Roe v. Wade”

curious if that would make peoples’ heads explode

32 Likes

jfc these guys, stop making men look like idiots.

3 Likes

I’d love to see him try to deal with a modern reproductive question and watch his skull pop.

Suppose a host mother wants an abortion, does she need the permission of the gene father and the egg mother?

7 Likes

For the right wingers, it might, although having exploded heads wouldn’t guarantee that they wouldn’t still walk and talk and function in general.

6 Likes

EDIT: This idiotic Oklahoman is a symptom of a MUCH larger issue

I can only strategize one battle at a time, please. :wink:

6 Likes

I sort of understand the root thinking behind this. If the biological father has opinions on seeing the baby to term then i think the mother should take that into account. However, going as far as holding a woman’s body hostage and having her come to term against her will is nightmare inducing for me.

7 Likes

53% of white women who bothered to vote, surely?

If a given individual hasn’t already decided that Trump’s shit stinks, how do you think you can persuade them? Wouldn’t it be better to focus on all the people who stayed at home (just under half the electorate) rather than wasting your effort on people whom you will never convince?

9 Likes

Some questions for the honourable lawmaker:

If you have someone over for dinner and they refuse to leave, does your status as a host require you to house them as long as they want?

Now, let’s say this meal is slightly undercooked and you get a tapeworm…

15 Likes

Because if you are pregnant you were irresponsible?

Ugh.

14 Likes

Oklahoman men’s question to expectant wives: “WILL IT BE A MAN-CHILD!!??”

8 Likes

In functioning relationships, this happens organically. If a woman doesn’t want to take her sex partner’s opinion in to account, or a man would subvert her will in insisting that she carry for him, then those two people should not have a baby.

24 Likes

You know, I think that I, as a man, should be able to approve an abortion, but only if I’m the one who’s in a position to have it.

14 Likes

Well that seems to be in direct contradiction to bodily autonomy/integrity.

I think in an ideal and biologically different world, a man should have the right to “take over” a pregnancy and carry a baby to term himself. Until we get to that point technologically, it’s always the woman’s body and her right to choose.

11 Likes

I concur with the caveat that both parties would have to agree in this case, as even this arrangement would still have implications for both individuals.

But yes, in this less than ideal world it should always be the woman’s right to choose.

5 Likes

While not a solution, wouldn’t a work-around be all women telling the state that I am the father, and waiting for my rubber stamp?

10 Likes

Honestly even his attitude toward “hosts” is wrong. A host might mean an organism sustaining a parasite, in which case it’s expected it would do what it can to rid itself of the imposition. A host might mean a person kind enough to accommodate you at their home or venue, in which case you owe them thanks, as you’re obligated to leave if they think you should. Humphrey regards women as considerably less than hosts.

18 Likes