"Old man" headbanging to Metallica

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/14/old-man-headbanging-to-met.html

5 Likes

It’s like a mirror that reflects the future.

A very near future.

9 Likes

That is one awesome 'ol man! Rock On! GD hilarious.

5 Likes

If that guy is 80 today, it means he was 33 when Black Sabbath’s “Paranoid” came out.

5 Likes

Last year at a Deweezil Zappa concert, a significantly older crowd (early Frank Zappa era?) were sitting at the front. A couple of them were sort of shuffle-dancing while still in their seats for brief ‘explosive’ moments. It made me laugh and… joyous! to see it.

4 Likes

I did not authorize that video of me.

16 Likes

I have been known to do that. And yes, I am an old.

2 Likes

Then there’s this other “Old Man”:

3 Likes
2 Likes

I’m only 50, but this will be me in 25 years, but definitely something more like Butthole Surfers’ - O-Men, Devo’s - Secret Agent Man/Pink Pussycat/Smart Patrol-Mr. DNA, hell, maybe even the Specials.

8 Likes

I know, right? I’m only 45 but I can’t see myself giving up my favorite rocking tunes just because I get old and gray. (Yeah, I’m already going gray, too late for that. :rolling_eyes: )

The last few songs I remember cranking up my car radio on were: Steppenwolf, “Born to Be Wild”; the Clash, “Should I Stay or Should I Go”; Godsmack, “Go Away”; Highly Suspect, “Hello My Name Is Human.” So basically anything from Classic Rock, to 80’s pop/rock, to modern pop/rock that strikes my fancy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Definitely a seizure of some sort, possibly caused by prolonged and uninterrupted exposure to sick beats. I recommend a heavy dose of downtempo chill, something with syncopation, to help relieve the pressure on the bowels and restore the patient to his usual state of crotchety senectitude.

2 Likes

Nice to see Senator Bernie Sanders out and about.

6 Likes

Alas, not Enter Sandman

♫ Exit: light ♬

2 Likes

I can understand how people might think this is Bernie on a heavy metal bender, but I understand from sources that these days he prefers a little more Simon with his daily Garfunkel, if you take my meaning, and hasn’t been seen anywhere near a mosh pit since 1978. But who knows, everybody likes to take a walk on the wild side sometimes.

Old folks home, gathered around the table, rolling 20-sided dice.

5 Likes

That works!

I was thinking Joe Biden (based on The Onion’s ‘takes’ on his Everyman ‘coolness’ articles.)

I remember the much missed John Peel playing speedcore (by personal choice) on his BBC Radio One show when he was in his 60s.

I think he started his show with this once (It was definitely something by Zeed/Loftgroover)

John Peel was not enough :cry:

1 Like

On the Sex Pistols post-mortem detritus collection LP “Some Product Carri On” there’s a clip of them being interviewed on some US radio station and a guy calls in and says “I’m 29 years old and I’ve been waiting for music like this my whole life.”

So there ya go.

2 Likes

“At what age do you stop loving music?!”

2 Likes