Olympic doctor Larry Nassar sentenced to 175 years in prison for sexually abusing gymnasts and other women

Good.

Now for the USA gymnastics and MSU brass and everyone else who knew and did nothing, or actively covered it up.

This is your Spotlight moment, Michigan. Don’t fuck this up.

19 Likes

I was just thinking how extraordinary it was for a case like this to be so swiftly brought to a decisive verdict, considering I can only recall hearing about this a week or two ago. But if it’s been dragging on for weeks already, that’s not so unusual.

(Not that I can see any reason to doubt the verdict in this case or anything.)

1 Like

cersei-glares-more

OMG, fuck this asshole.

15 Likes

It was pretty quick once prosecutors and police were involved. By this timeline the first criminal complaint was lodged in August 2016.

2 Likes

Brought to a decisive verdict? He pled guilty! That’s why this went so quickly. I guess he sort of expected some kind of leniency? Maybe he got 175 years instead of 350, I dunno, but if he’d pled not guilty, we’d probably still be in discovery.

If charges get brought up for aiding and abetting for the various bureaucrats who enabled this dude we’ll see how quickly the wheels of justice grind.

4 Likes

In-fucking-deed. Now piss off Nassar, you’re lucky to be in one piece. But then again… as someone else said… child molesters have no peace in jail so we’ll see.

2 Likes

Deadspin has more of the letter.

but the complete letter will not be released.

and a semi transcript of what the judge said:

5 Likes

Gross. Lol.

I thought the same thing but a) didn’t post it to a message board and b) didn’t read it.

(Lemme know how bad it really is!)

Help. :wink:

Yeah, I mean, I think prison is mostly a cruel, inhumane punishment that we will look back on as quite twisted… but… then there are people that just… I dunno, they don’t even show a hint of remorse.

Argh.

1 Like

This guy is due some Michonne level vengeance.

(Which I am not linking the comic panels here… But… It’s extreme.)

2 Likes

I’ve totally forgotten when she got extreme vengeance (I’m assuming from the comic)… care to remind me?

1 Like

After the governer beat and raped her for a few weeks (I don’t recall the rape from the show):

Drills a hole in his shoulder with a power drill
Pulls his fingernails off with pliers
Cuts off his right arm
Cauterizes his arm with a blow torch
Nailed his penis to a board
Anally raped him with a spoon
Then scooped his eye out of his socket with the spoon

3 Likes

Good, 225 would have been better.

2 Likes
7 Likes

[grumpycat]

2 Likes

/to the rescue

3 Likes

But, but, won’t someone think of the poor, poor doctor?

1 Like

If you really want to–
see my post, here

poor baby…lol