Olympic doctor Larry Nassar sentenced to 175 years in prison for sexually abusing gymnasts and other women

I totally agree with you. Her statement was pretty much pure BS and it’s pretty clear MSU and the people who run it should be held accountable.

1 Like

In French criminal courts, there’s a barrier between the accused and their counsel. A famous French lawyer blogger once joked that it was to prevent the counsel from strangling their client in frustration.

5 Likes

Hmmm… the last time I read a series of posts seeming to endorse inmate on inmate crime, where was it??? Not BoingBoing, that’s for sure.

I’m not going to lose any sleep over what happens to Nassar in jail.

1 Like

Same here. The violent prisons we have (public and private) are the result of conservative policies that emphasise punishment over rehabilitation and financial corner-cutting over safety. I’ll take Libertarian “concerns” about these matters more seriously when they start acting less like Republicans.

1 Like

I meant that for my original statement that child molesters are a target in jail is factual. Me saying so doesn’t reflect poorly on me because it’s flat out true, so whatever happens to Nassar in jail has nothing to do with whatever i wish or say… that’s all on himself for being a horrible garbage person and i’m not going to waste my time worrying if he’s going to rehabilitate or be ok.

2 Likes

That was my initial point as well. The fact is that even in the most humane prisons, like those in Scandinavia, convicted child molesters are so justly despised that the time they serve is going to be extra hard on them. The point of imprisoning a predator who doesn’t bother to show real remorse during sentencing is not rehabilitation but keeping him away from society at large for the rest of his life.

1 Like

Frankly i wish it were possible for him to serve his full 175 year sentence, because fuck that guy.

4 Likes

There are lots of Republicans and libertarians who think that protections for those in prison apply to everyone - except pedophiles.

They are wrong to think that. It’s actually a pretty good litmus test.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.