On-camera blundering hits the same beats as song

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/13/on-camera-blundering-hits-the-same-beats-as-song.html

5 Likes

I like the way he sacrificed everything for the guitar’s safety. As if he’d accept a cracked skull before he allowed a bump to a tuning knob that would force him to re-tune.

It’s like watching W.C. Fields fall down a staircase and not spill his martini.

10 Likes

Is there some thread listing all of these somewhere?

Ooh another (sound dubious):

I think he just nailed the cadence of “collapse into chaos”. I’m sure there’s something in there for a mathematician to study.

8 Likes

One time I slipped on an icy sidewalk and twisted to land face first to protect my laptop on my back. I mean at least I caught myself with my hands so I didn’t actually faceplant, but…

Probably the same instinct that causes automobile accidents when something slips off the dashboard and the driver tries to catch it…

5 Likes

Les Pauls are known for breaking off at the headstock due to the steep 17 degree angle. Some companies argue that 10 degrees is safer and more sane. I tend to agree.

I don’t know whether or not he is playing an actual Gibson Les Paul, but if so, that’s thousands of dollars he was about to snap in half.

4 Likes

Funny as hell, but my guess is the music was added later (or is this so obvious it’s dumb to even mention?)

2 Likes

In The Air Tonight holds some nexus to the unviverse. Or sumthim’

1 Like

It’s a true story!

2 Likes

Related: mashup of the end of every AC/DC song sounds like the band falling down the stairs.

How should we end this

AV Club write up

I couldn’t breathe laughing so hard at this the first 4 or 5 hundred times I listened to it.

1 Like

Or watching Tony Hawk doing a McTwist and not spilling his milk.

The “fucking hell” sells it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.