Kid on bike performs classic drum fill from Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" by crashing into trash bins

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/14/kid-on-bike-performs-classic-d.html

6 Likes

In all this sudden appreciation for Phil Collins, how come nobody remembers that, as the chorus suggests, the song is actually about post-breakup masturbation. Hence the orgasmic drumfill halfway through.

2 Likes

“Fake”? Sounds like they layered the actual sound of the trash bins over Phil’s drum break, probably whoever filmed the kid crashing noticed the similarity and so obviously did the mash-up.

2 Likes

I don’t why this stupid gag still amuses me, but it does…

9 Likes

Poor kid, had to listen to Phil Collins.

7 Likes

I could be wrong, but I THINK that sound was pulled from this viral video…

It just seems fairly far away for it to be that loud in the audio… but maybe not. I dunno.

8 Likes

1 Like

I think you’re right. It has the same hoof-slide sound at the end too.

3 Likes

Was expecting that exact gif in the last Phil Collins/In the Air Tonight thread, ended up disappointed.

4 Likes

Kinda relevant:

15 Likes

That make me appreciate it even more.

1 Like

I think every kid has done that and I did it a few times with less coordination.

I quite enjoyed the twins reaction video to this song - glad Rusty caught this and posted it.

1 Like

Landfill Collins.

5 Likes

But I put it in the Good Things thread just this week… :astonished::cry:

4 Likes

I had a large field to myself my first time on a dirt bike.
Aaaaand I rode straight into the only obstacle in it!

5 Likes

Here’s how the PROS do it:

(OK Go makes amazing videos.)

7 Likes

Maybe I’m just easily amused, but I’ve enjoyed all of these clips, especially this one.

3 Likes

I used my Mum’s cherry tree to stop, less forgiving than a wheelie bin.

2 Likes

Last week, I rode a bike for the first time in almost 30 years.* I’m quite happy to report that I did much better than that! Rode home from my local “Play it again sports” without incident, just over 2 km, then went out two days later for a longer ride of 21 km. This is going to be part of my regular routine now, alternating with my running days.

(* – Ok, I’m pretty sure that I tried to ride one the length of a driveway, mostly to see if the bike that had been left in the garage of the house we’d purchased was viable, but as it turned out to be less of a bicycle and more of a bicycle shaped piece of scrap metal, I’m not counting that!)

4 Likes

At about 2:40 of this song, you can clearly hear what sounds to be a mountain goat riding down a crevasse on a unicycle into a kiddie pool filled with oatmeal. There may be raisins in the oatmeal, but I hope not.

3 Likes