One excavator operator to rule them all

tenor

3 Likes

Is it? I don’t doubt you, but this seems a rather unsafe method of off-loading an excavator. I did a quick search and ramps seem to be the standard:

Can you corroborate any of this?

1 Like

It’s even cuter than the little Cat roller I saw today.

Had the chance presented itself, I’d’ve told the driver I wanted to grab it and pop it into my pocket b/c so little and cute.

It ensmoothened the skillfully-laid asphalt pile (brought in 3 trips by a massive loader) of the new speed hump* they’re installing right in front of our house. It was a joy seeing an XLNT driver put it through its paces. They surrounded the hump with a big sign and some cones & left it to cure (dunno how long). They’ll return to install the two broad sections of grippy material w/reflective visibility bits what go on top. They’re putting more of 'em on nearby streets, closing them off, too. No traffic for many hours, and the quiet is wonderful. There have been fewer loud boy racers on the nearest large street, too.

We are a block and a half from a big, busy road & a 24 hr gas station/shop. Two other major roads are a few blocks N. Day and night, sooo many idiots flew up & down our block and environs, blowing off stop signs, etc.

Their test installations proved effective & were welcomed by the residents, so it was announced that requests could be made for speed humps in Detroit neighborhoods. Mine was V quickly filed, and plenty neighbors must have done likewise.

*Unlike a typical speed bump, AKA sleeping policeman, these are one piece that runs alla way from one side of a street to the other, and the base is a much wider and taller pile of asphalt.

2 Likes

Not on any site I have ever been responsible for.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.