Ford Ranger murdered by boulder

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/13/ford-ranger-murdered-by-boulde.html

1 Like

#TheCustomerIsUsuallyWrong

“You better not hit my fucking truck!”

“That’s okay, I’ll destroy your pissant truck and never even touch it, dumbass”

11 Likes

This has to be a set-up. Someone had an old truck and an idea for a video.

9 Likes

Dud video, hell the rednecks around my county drive around like this all the time… nothing to see here, move on folks.

4 Likes

Tangentially related: I watched this yesterday, which has some bearing on the limitations of US-built light trucks.

I am always fascinated by the interconnectedness of history.

7 Likes

Must admit i was 50/50 on one of the two following outcomes:

1. Boulder destroys the truck’s rear-end/suspension.

2. As option #1, plus the boulder rolling off the side of the truck, potentially hitting something else.

I was quite surprised when it stayed put dead centre.

2 Likes

I expected guys possessing such mastery of the word “fuck” to be more proficient in physics.

12 Likes

I would have given serious consideration to putting the boulder on the pallet first, then using some type of hoist to lower both slowly into the truck bed. That way you could stop at the first sign of trouble – if the pallet survived, that is.

The front end loader operator was a real pro, however.

8 Likes

I guess no one thought to look up truck’s cargo weight limit specifications. Or try to estimate the weight of the rock.

1 Like

15 Likes

I think they understood that dropping a boulder that greatly exceeded the truck’s capacity in the bed was going to be catastrophic as evidenced by the statement “watch out, leaf springs are going to shoot out of the sides.”

11 Likes

I’m no expert at this sort of thing, but wouldn’t it have been better to load it from the back by forklift, so the suspension could be stress tested before setting down the whole load?

4 Likes

Agreed. Makes no sense to load it on sideways instead of from the back, use a flimsy pallet, and film it. Someone wanted to have a youtube hit.

5 Likes

One of them estimated 500lbs. I’m pretty sure it’s a lit bigger than that.

2 Likes

Oh good, someone started a thread…

1 Like

I suspect you’re enough of an expert to have shot your video horizontally.

5 Likes

Built Ford Tough.

Because why wouldn’t they just load from the open side instead of just from over the side if they weren’t hoping to have a full shot of what happened? And that truck was already leaning to the right with either a flat, or a shot axle or somethin.

1 Like

I’m on team “this was planned for a viral video attempt.”

What was the plan for removing the boulder when they get home? If the rock requires heavy equipment to get it on the truck, they wouldn’t be able to get it off the truck. That rock doesn’t look like it rolls.

19 Likes

The prominently placed gasoline canister was also a tease.

No splosion?

4 Likes