Photo gallery of extremely overloaded vehicles

[Read the post]

3 Likes

That’s a lot of Banana Bread to be made.

3 Likes

especially after the first speed bump!

4 Likes

Still my fave:

10 Likes

Maybe they needed to check the donkey’s oil?

6 Likes

Just look at it!

8 Likes

I am, I am.

They don’t really have my favorite sub-genre, which is the extended family on a one-stroke motor-scooter. Gasoline is a very effective power source.

1 Like

It wasn’t nearly as entertaining as the banana truck one, but one time I was driving past the 84 Lumber store in Lakeside, CA when a 3/4 ton pickup was exiting the driveway with much, much more than 3/4 of a ton of concrete pavers in the bed. Soon as the rear wheels drove off the tiny 2" curb between the driveway and the gutter, both rear wheels went completely sideways.

Don’t be lazy. Take multiple trips, people.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Winter, icy. On the highway. Saw a huge piece of ice fly from someone’s roof or window. Huge. Broke into a thousand of pieces. Manage to avoid it.

Then I saw the place glass truck! :scream:

1 Like

When I matriculated at Fresno State, Jimmy Carter was invited to speak at a lecture series in 1986 or 1987. I bartended across the street from the university and a secret service agent came in for a small beer after a day of checking people and general security. He told me that they once caught a dude who was draining change machines up and down the San Joaquin Valley with photocopied dollar bills. Apparently, the dude’s station wagon was scraping the asphalt on Hwy 99 after being weighted down with quarters and he wasn’t able to outrun the agents’ cars. I would have loved to have seen this.

4 Likes

I love Silent Movie.

1 Like

If your average quarter weighs around 5.66 grams, then 100 quarters ($25 worth) weighs around a pound and a quarter. Even a station wagon with shitty springs and shocks should be able to handle the weight of two large men in the back seat, and 400 lbs of quarters should be worth $8,000.

That must have been a fairly long and tedious afternoon of feeding fake bills into the change machines.

1 Like

Well, if I remember the story correctly, it was over a period of weeks. The San Joaquin Valley is pretty huge and they weren’t unloading their haul. They simply were beginning at point A and driving in one direction until point B, and so on until they turned around and went north or south. I don’t believe he told me where they were heading to cash in the quarters (they most likely hadn’t thought that far), but they had every bit of coinage that they had stolen in that station wagon.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.