One LSD trip shown to provide rapid and lasting reduction in anxiety, FDA designates "breakthrough therapy"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/07/one-lsd-trip-shown-to-provide-rapid-and-lasting-reduction-in-anxiety-fda-designates-breakthrough-therapy.html

12 Likes

Wow…
Wow, that’s great! I am now waiting to see what sort of draconian limitations will be placed on it before folks actually see it in the wild. But it is encouraging.

32 Likes

Reminder now days they sell dangerous stuff…

are highly toxic and their intake has been associated with severe adverse reactions including deaths.

7 Likes

At the right time and place with the right people, it’s a profound experience.

11 Likes

Sign me up. And i mean that honestly, as someone that deals with a lot of anxiety. I’ve been really looking forward to the research into this, microdosing and other related studies and hope better medication and treatment methods will come out of it

16 Likes

But but my fourth grade teacher assured us that LSD “split our chromosomes”!!! (might’ve also turned us into commies or some-such)

16 Likes

I do want to seize the means of production :thinking:

20 Likes

The only thing that got split by my last trip was my wig.

8 Likes

This is why I prefer mushrooms. They’ve been trialed in Canada for applications such as treatment of PTSD and depression and my personal experience is in line with this. Been quite a while since I’ve had any though, and after the past year I could really use the beneficial effects.

8 Likes

It shouldn’t be too surprising. This is what they were hoping to find with the LSD trials that were conducted back in the 50s and 60s, which included some well known test subjects like Aldous Huxley and Bill Wilson of Alcoholics Anonymous (yes, that Bill W took some medically supervised trips long after he got sober, so don’t let anyone in AA tell you that you’re not allowed to take any mind altering substances for any reason). They were hoping then it might help with all kinds of problems, including alcoholism and depression. I hope they’re finally finding the right formulation and dosage to make it effective.

13 Likes

It can be bought in storefronts here in BC, but my history of poor decision making* while tripping has meant that I avoid it. In the right circumstance, perhaps. But a whole lot of stars would have to align before I tried LSD again.

*Turns out you can purchase and board a transoceanic flight while dosed to the eyeballs. Bring pants.

14 Likes

Guest blog!!!

6 Likes

and don’t forget your towel!

7 Likes

So instead of X and Y chromosomes you get Ɔ and C chromosomes? Or is it a horizontal split, and you get V and Ʌ or V and l chromosomes?

6 Likes

The first because you can’t spell communism with a v.

3 Likes

I think it means that you go from having some chromo to only having a few chromo. So it becomes chromofews.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.