One of Betsy DeVos's 10 yachts was untied and set adrift

My mother had a neighbor who was devoted to their laundry detergent. She claimed it was the best at cleaning cloth diapers. Cleaning up shit doesn’t seem to be something that family does regularly though.

2 Likes

One of Betsy DeVos’s 10 yachts was untied and set adrift

What! Only 10, what a piker!

6 Likes

I want to go to there.

3 Likes

And in other news, DeVos ups her investments in for-profit colleges.

3 Likes

Amway - geez, what sleezeballs.

3 Likes

You’re more than welcome! The bad news is that the city itself (San Francisco) is still prohibitively expensive.

2 Likes

Now if the other 9 yachts can somehow find themselves in a sink hole, were good.

2 Likes

tenor

12 Likes

Lil Betsy didn’t need public education to rise to the top ruling post of education, so why should anyone else? If she can bootstrap her way to power, anyone can!

3 Likes

Yeah, odd that… they must have sold two or three lately.

1 Like

Nah. Born rich. She just got rich(er) by marriage.

People with money want to marry people with similar amounts of money, just to be sure of their motivations. Wikipedia says she married into a similar amount of money. I wouldn’t make too much hay of that. I definitely know people like this, although those people tend to be conservative shitbags.

3 Likes

Now look here, daddy owning the bootstrap factory had nothing to do with it!

10 Likes

Oh yeah, for sure i know a guy whose parents made net close to a million a year, and he (after flunking out of college 3 times) entered the private industry with a higher salary than the rest of us with degrees and good grades.

Staunch republican, that guy. Claims he earned every dollar with no help from anyone.

13 Likes

I’m not sure how many people are covered by “the family.” Her husband Dick has two siblings; including their parents, we’re talking about five couples at most, or at least one yacht per person.
Also: to be fair, this one yacht is worth 40 fucking million dollars.

Plus she does probably have to share some of those with the in-laws. But hey, we’re talking about something like half-a-billion-dollars worth of boats here. That’s almost real money!

4 Likes

Do we know for sure that someone untied it? Maybe Betsy just thought that the yacht needed more docking choices, so she cut through the knot of regulations on its mooring line and set it free. Marinas really shouldn’t be in the business of telling yachts what’s best for them.

12 Likes

Like I said. Even owning one yacht is fairly gross and disturbing enough.

All I’m saying is a family of 10 each owning their own is not as high on the disturb-o meter as one person owning ten by themselves.

I think the criticism I have for B.B. headlines is simply that the reality is disturbing enough. Don’t embellish.

2 Likes

Betsy, if you’re just gonna laugh about it, then No Yachts For You.

Did they remember to jettison the tea?

2 Likes

Although to be fair, based on the news reports that attribute ownership of the yachts to Betsy, we don’t have any idea who the “real” owners are, presumably thanks to the shell corporations that are part of their rich people money-hiding strategy. So they could all be hers…

6 Likes

That’s just a little puddle-jumper.

1 Like