One of these energy bars has as much caffeine as a shot of espresso

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/31/one-of-these-energy-bars-has-a.html

1 Like

But only one…

11 Likes

Best of all, they contain green tea caffeine, which has L-theanine in it.

As much as I love caffeine, theanine and green tea, this sentence made my brain hurt.

5 Likes

This gives me a hankering for some chocolate-covered espresso beans (which recently turned up at my local Aldi after a long absence).

1 Like

!!! I love those! I thought they were one of those one-time products that turn up at Aldi once and you never see them again. I really hope that my local Aldis will start carrying them soon!

1 Like

I love the idea of these. But maybe I’m just a cranky old fart. I really don’t like having to choose whether to sign up for a product subscription service or not. Given the choice, I will always choose “No, Fuck Off”

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that certain things tend to rotate in and out of Aldi on a semi-regular basis. Even though it can be aggravating at times, it also means they can carry a much greater variety of products then if they tried to cram them into the stores at once.

1 Like

Virtual cocaine in a can with 300 mg of caffeine (about 4-5 espresso shots)

https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-content/reign-energy-drink

6 Likes

I was surprised to learn the other day than an extra-large McDonald’s coffee apparently has 320 mg of caffeine, which seems well above most energy drinks with big “High Caffeine Content” warnings on them.

3 Likes

400 mg is considered the maximum safe daily intake. So its that one huge coffee and that’s pretty much it for the day

3 Likes

And we’re not sure which one. It’s a game of caffeine roulette.

3 Likes

So i’d have to eat 4-6 a morning? that seems like a lot of chocolate. (ignores his obvious caffeine problem)

:flushed: uh oh.

3 Likes

Oh sure, I understand the rationale, but it’s really frustrating - you discover a neat product that you like, then one day it suddenly disappears and you don’t know if you’ll ever see it again. There’s a particular type of candy my entire family loves - those retro pink-and-white mint chocolate drops, a bit similar to Smarties - that used to show up every year around Easter in my local Aldis… but I haven’t seen them in years. I suppose they didn’t sell all that well so Aldi stopped stocking them, but gah, what a bummer. (Fortunately last year I found the candy in Müller - expensive as hell, but I have no choice, weirdly enough even Lidl doesn’t carry them.)

1 Like

This from their website; looks like they chose the tiniest “of age” gal possible (i.e., tiniest hands). Makes the bar look bigger. Their staff lawyer may have advised the makers of the problem with having a 2-year old holding it.

bargal

2 Likes

Also known as, a good start.

2 Likes

Break out the energy bars…
DeerHunter

3 Likes

With energy drinks, the good ones give you heart tremors AND the runs!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.