One quarter of New Orleans' catch-basins were clogged to uselessness with 93,000 lbs of plastic Mardi Gras beads

Eye C what you did there

3 Likes

New Orleans: If it beads, we can kill it.

8 Likes

Dumping 46 tons of beads into circulation all at once is going to cause beadflation. This will be a disaster for the beadconomy.

5 Likes

With one of the highest (if not the highest) murder rates in the country, I’m surprised that not all of NO’s catch-basins are clogged with bodies!

Now, now. Bead good.

1 Like

Oh, youuuuu!

3 Likes

“Just twy it muver fucker.”

2 Likes

“… Galloway said Public Works is brainstorming with the city’s sanitation department on methods, such as temporarily stuffing the openings with “gutter buddies,” to keep so many carnival beads from going down the drain.”

Next year’s headline, “93,000lbs of beads clog New Orleans’ street.”

2 Likes

93,000 tons is the weight of a nimitz class aircraft carrier.
93,000 lbs is the weight of a semi truck full of tomatoes.

4 Likes

Just add some yeast and foaming, fermenting sewage terror starts :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A step down from Bathtub Gin?

1 Like

With air access it would be like kombucha from hell.

3 Likes

Does this explain the HUD/DoD Budget Thread?

1 Like

The implication being that “740,000 bewbs were thus flashed”. Give or take, given typical lbs per bead string and bewbs per flasher. THAT should have been the headline.

1 Like

did you say blockchain? where can I invest?

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean. Generally two. Although I suppose both aren’t always shown at the same time, I can’t say with what frequency.

More research is needed.

1 Like

Likely it would still be a nightmare to deal with, might cause some aggressive bacteria growth in some parts of the system or cake the sewage with hardened sugar. Both sound a lot worse to me than plastic clogging the sewage.

But having the city put some sort of cover or catch by all the storm drains seems like the easiest solution. I’ve legitimately seen people during events elsewhere purposefully throw trash in storm drains because they didn’t want to walk to a trash can.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.