One ton boulder mysteriously missing from Arizona forest has mysteriously returned

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/05/one-ton-boulder-mysteriously-m.html

7 Likes

if a 1 ton boulder moving isn’t a sign of the multiverse existing i dunno what is!

10 Likes

Anyone else familiar with the idea of a black rock with a white stripe encircling it is for wishing with? As I know the tradition, one throws the rock into a body of water to ‘make the wish come true.’

So, obviously, local Sasquatch had a wish, dropped rock into nearby body of water, attained desire, replaced wet rock in place. QED.

6 Likes

Some things you just want to be true.
Nice.

5 Likes

without gear it would take a dozen people lifting over 150 pounds each to move that thing, that’s some next-level prank

maybe a forest version of desert sailing stones, lol

2 Likes

Maybe whoever took it & brought it back suffered from something like Bigfoot’s Curse…

Big Foot: it’s one of his boulder moves.

9 Likes

So whats the origins of this boulder. Isn’t that a little too far south to be brought by a glacier? Perhaps from a mountain?

2 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

I don’t know what kind of papier-mache universe that rock is located in, but in the one we occupy there is no way in hell is that only 1 ton. Assuming that it is a cube of granite (basalt, quartz and schist have similar densities) roughly 4’ on a side, it would weigh 5.5 tons.

Not the job for a Sasquatch.

7 Likes

Seems to me they should check with the local interdimensional Bigfoot.

Just got off the phone with Mr. Bigfoot, he says check with the Unicorns.

6 Likes

Pshshsh a quick check of the boulder’s IG shows it’s been in Las Vegas trying to be a big roller. Of course when the luck ran out it came rolling back all sad and broke to its old spot.

7 Likes

Have we missed a glacial episode? That behavior seems ::puts on sunglasses:: erratic.

3 Likes

cue Also Sprach Zarathustra

3 Likes

Is “Interdimensional Bigfoot” already in the band name thread?

7 Likes

The culprit has been found

5 Likes

Reminder with glaciers…

6 Likes

The pioneers used to ride those babies for miles apparently.

3 Likes

It was Cessair of Diplos.

1 Like