Ongoing coronavirus happenings

ezgif.com-add-text (1)

Play nice or go home.

20 Likes
13 Likes

Oh good Lord. Yes - petty resentments are the most important thing when people are dying.

Also
Older people are doing nothing in this crisis?

10 Likes

A senior wrote a letter to the editor in our local paper making this point*. The young are sacrificing for us now, so when this passes maybe try harder to save the planet for them.

It was a voice-of-reason respite among the bad news.

Not that anyone will listen.

*ETA: I think the letter to the editor’s tone was more constructive and less divisive than the linked “Above the Law” article, for what it’s worth.

21 Likes
18 Likes

We need to uninstall 2020 and then try reinstalling it.

The current version has a nasty virus.

32 Likes

Rent strike, rent strike! *bangs paws on the table* RENT STRIKE, RENT STRIKE!

26 Likes

The tico times ran a story playing off of Jurassic Park being set there:

7 Likes
37 Likes

Well - he’s not wrong about the three conference calls a day. Even when you’re not technically working.

9 Likes
11 Likes

Meanwhile, my landlords sent me this yesterday:

“Engage with Centrelink”.

It took over a year for Centrelink to approve my disability pension. The first time they denied it they did it without anyone from the agency ever speaking to me. The forms required for the application were a stack of paper about half an inch thick. The required medical reports took months to assemble and significant expense. My disability makes it difficult to write legibly; I had to get my Dad rewrite the forms for me.

In my entire time of dealing with them, I have never once managed to get anyone to answer the disability support phone line (it’s permanently engaged). Using the alternative route of phoning the feedback line inevitably involves an hour+ on hold, and often requires multiple calls. All of this was before Coronavirus hit the system.

Also happening downunda:

21 Likes

Rosie?

Is she still a nutso Trumpkin?

1 Like

Truly the the most bizarre timeline, this is…

O_o

9 Likes

I thought she and Trump hated each other?

Now - Roseanne- that’s another story.

12 Likes
6 Likes

I needed that today.

31 Likes

Are you thinking Rosanne Barr? Rosie O’Donnell is one of his twitter targets for her outspoken views.

11 Likes
21 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.