Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Here’s the article and asshole in question

Also:

compassion-arms-race

20 Likes

According to Vice President Mike Pence, those with underlying conditions, the part of the population that should be concerned about contracting COVID-19. <snip>

Is this for real, even 26 days ago?

1 Like

I’m not totally sure what you’re asking, but I probably don’t know the answer.

7 Likes

For those unfamiliar, Switzer is the director of the Centre for Independent Studies, a right-libertarian pseudo-academic extremist lobby group that is closely intertwined with the mainstream Oz right.

They refuse to disclose their funding sources, but they’re affiliated with the Atlas Network, which is itself backed by the US State Department as well as assorted billionaires and megacorporations.

23 Likes

OTOH, we do have some information:

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Centre_for_Independent_Studies

Murdoch, BHP, Shell, Phillip Morris, Western Mining, etc.

19 Likes

As @dorgar points out:

Which is wasn’t, by any legal definition, but was a case of a hostile foreign power materially seeking to harm our country and our citizens (although to a much less significant extent than the current power in Russia.)

2 Likes

I hate big counties, I cannot lie.

1 Like
4 Likes

It’s up here if you want to see what people’s replies were.

2 Likes

And I used the site’s search tool twice to see if anyone has posted before. Next time I will browse the thread before s*** posting.

I was amazed by the very creative conspiracy theory. A smart virus, created in a lab and activated by cell phone towers.

It is better than the mind crontrolling HAARP and the FX Messiah of the Blue Beam Project.

9 Likes

I’m not sure it works so well on one-boxed embeds.

2 Likes

Unemployed? Need money? Know COBOL?

12 Likes

This is a really long thread.

1 Like
1 Like

Ha. Just realized @malevolentpixy was my 4th like on that post too.

Have a good day BBS. Don’t forget to read.

Argh. I didn’t close twitter fast enough:

10 Likes

hypotheses:

1. deaths due to covid are sometimes mistaken as simple pneumonia and, or other illnesses

2. covid is hard on the body. recovering takes time. stressed lungs, a stressed heart, or a stressed immune system are more susceptible to other disease

3. people aren’t seeking help for injury or disease and so more complications arise from otherwise normal situations

4. when hospitals are overwhelmed, you get poor care

5. aliens from beta centauri are huge fans of monarch butterfly webcams. they manufactured the coronavirus and are using covid as a cover to exterminate the human race through a variety of methods… before the monarchs go extinct

i’m betting number five, though all of them could reasonably be considered fallout from not responding quickly enough to the pandemic

22 Likes
  1. All of the above. Beta centaurians are assholes, though.
25 Likes

on the right, fourth item down: “trump tabs white house lawyer for virus inspector general…”

you might think that the death and destruction they’re causing would be enough, do they also have to murder the english language?

do they means “taps” instead of “tabs”? or did 45 just click on a new lawyer to switch to a different page?

14 Likes

Sean Hannity warned us shutting down the economy would kill more people than the virus /s

11 Likes

that is probably going to be the spin. i’m guessing it won’t be too long before the cure vs disease meme comes back in strength. :crying_cat_face:

10 Likes