Ongoing coronavirus happenings

He went there.

20 Likes

“ Officials say SEPTA police will engage with customers to ensure they’re traveling for essential purposes.

“This is not optional,” General Manager Leslie Richards said. “The SEPTA Transit Police will be in stations and on vehicles ensuring that those who are traveling have good reason to be on the system.”

“ Eighteen Market-Frankford Line stations will remain open, while 16 Broad Street Line/Ridge-Spur stations will close. Bus and trolley service will be limited to 60 core routes, SEPTA says.”

The Regional Rail services Philly neighborhoods outside of Center City
and the suburbs.

“ SEPTA says Regional Rail services’ six lines — Chestnut Hill East, Chestnut Hill West, Cynwyd, Manayunk/Norristown, West Trenton and Wilmington Newark Lines — have been suspended, while two other lines have been shortened.”

13 Likes
14 Likes

Shouldn’t it be “between voting and not being sick”?

6 Likes

“…and that’s how the Grammar Nazis came to power in the United States, kids.”

9 Likes

I remember:

So: false?

1 Like

A friend who is a HCW told me that the county [politician-official] pre-empted their hospital’s planned drive-through COVID testing tent outside, so now the ill must enter the hospital. Literally said “no, we’re not gonna in this county” and backed it up with one veiled threat and zero explanation.

So the staff hand out face masks to everyone who comes through the door, asking them to put those on. There’s limited PPE right now for the public-facing HCW.

Their very large hospital (sorry, I am not allowed to say which Texas county) was issued a total of seven (7) COVID test kits last week after begging for many weeks, having had no test kits prior.

Well yeah, underequipping hospitals with few or no test kits… that will keep the numbers down for that county alright.

At least, initially.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :scream:

ETA: typos correction

21 Likes
9 Likes

I’ll drop this here.

5 Likes

Freudian slip much?

9 Likes

40 Likes

He’s playing the role perfectly

By Lucian K. Truscott IV [Salon columnist on today’s Coronavirus shitshow]

I’m watching Trump. The chryon on the screen reads “Coronavirus task force briefing.” It’s not. It’s a Donald Trump campaign appearance, and the networks should change how they identify it.

They’ve got the cameras arranged so his head and upper body completely fill the screen. Someone is dressing him and making him up and executing his coif with great care. He’s putting himself on television for over an hour every day, and they want him to look perfect. His hair is perfect. His pancake is perfect. His shiny blue suit looks brand new, as a suit absolutely perfect. His white shirt is crease-less, its collar starched to perfection. His electric blue tie is knotted perfectly. Not a scrap of white shirt shows above the knot. It’s perfect.

They’ve got this dauntingly dumb douche bag costumed for the role of president, costumed perfectly. He’s not saying anything new. Almost everything he says, he said yesterday. You could re-run yesterday’s “press conference,” and you would literally not be able to tell it’s not live.

Nothing matters but to have his grim, puffy, ridiculous visage filling that screen with a big fat White House image behind him. He’s not actually doing anything or saying anything. He’s just dressing up and running for president the way an actor on Broadway dresses up and takes the stage and plays a role.

His campaign people have figured this shit out. He can be the president who presides over the greatest disaster in United States history – the greatest health crisis, the greatest economic crisis, the greatest crisis of collective conscience and morale – and he can win the coming election if he stands up there every night and looks good.

This is quite literally unbelievable. The star of his own reality television show starring in his own “president” show.

The fucking television networks that air this shitshow every night are helping to kill tens of thousands of victims of the coronavirus, and they are actively, knowingly killing the Democratic Party. They are helping the reelection of this bottom-feeding human carp-person by filling the television screens of this country every night with his pulsing little suck-hole of a mouth as he recites lie after lie after lie after lie. We are watching the commission of a crime on a scale that staggers the imagination. If you haven’t turned on your television and watched a few moments of this lately, please do. It’s your duty to bear witness to this tragic history as it happens.

30 Likes

I’ve stopped watching- maybe if his ratings slip enough- they’ll cancel his show about the White House?

22 Likes

The horrible thing about the Two Minutes Hate was not that one was obliged to act a part, but that it was impossible to avoid joining in. Within thirty seconds any pretence was always unnecessary. A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledge hammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one’s will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic. And yet the rage that one felt was an abstract, undirected emotion which could be switched from one object to another like the flame of a blowlamp.[3]
-George Orwell

12 Likes

They never will, alas. Too many stupid liberals.

caitlin-doughty-■■■■■

10 Likes

map

Where cases are rising fastest

2 Likes

It is painful to listen to his self congratulatory rhetoric. The narrative they are trying to deliver is that only by the grace of god and his brave actions of stopping some flights from China and Europe he single handedly saved millions of lives, your welcome America.

Here’s some gold tho, my mind reals in horror as I watch Trump get triggered after a reporter brings up his 180 approach for handling pandemics. Reporter, Raquel Krähenbühl, powers through his initial bs and asks for Trumps advice to other world leaders who are still living in denial. Either intentionally or unintentionally he fails to realize she was probably talking about Obrador and proceeds to mansplanes the history of the “Spanish” Flu which is “nothing to sneeze at” ba da bump.

“Almost every country has done it the way we’ve done it”
ffs

6 Likes

Yikes.

11 Likes
5 Likes