Ongoing coronavirus happenings

How about a disposable lycra bodysuit?

You can even look like a virus.

12 Likes

When it comes to an important set of information such as the epidemiology of COVID-19, I think it is very important to listen to scientists and epidemiologists. The WHO and CDC sent task forces to China, essentially risking their lives in order to collect critical information to help the world manage this pandemic.

Iā€™m most certainly not giving China a pass. Iā€™m listening to the only experts who have done on-the-ground research to determine the epidemiology of this virus and disease. Thatā€™s the WHO.

I would consider the assertion that ā€œChina tests and suppresses the information, thus skewing the numbersā€ to be dangerous misinformation, because it creates doubt around the WHO report, a report that people need to believe in order to act in order to fight the pandemic. If youā€™re going to express that opinion in a public forum, it would be wise to be able to back it up. Otherwise, you have about as much credibility as an antivaxxer.

9 Likes

You could just cough on a rich person and let them get tested.

9 Likes

Please do not shake hands.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Nothing is ever 100%. We have seen a fair number of ā€œgot shot got fluā€ patients this year. However, the vaccinated kids are very much less sick and back on their feet in a couple days, the unvaccinated look like death and are down for 7-10 days.

13 Likes

And then there is thisā€¦

11 Likes

ā€œI know where my dick has been, and I didnā€™t piss on my hand so why bother?ā€

5 Likes

One of my co-workers was saying today at their church mass yesterday that people were encouraged not to hug, shake hands, or partake in communion. Thatā€™s pretty great, actually.

15 Likes

Wish that included breakdown of smokers.

5 Likes
18 Likes

The numbers from China imply that smokers do much worse, and there is reason to expect that to be so, but to the best of my knowledge, no one has done that detailed a breakdown of data yet. It will come, I am sure, but not out yet.

13 Likes

100% of the time nothing is ever 100%

but point taken

1 Like

I think at this point they just want us to wash our hands whenever we walk by a sink

3 Likes

Basically, if you were already following good hygiene, keep doing that.

If you werenā€™t, hereā€™s your wake up call.

(Oh, and make sure to wipe that alarm clock slap-hand with bleach every morning. Kthanx)

15 Likes

so thatā€™s, um, doubling every, um,

fuck

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t extrapolate the deaths at the Kirkland nursing home to the general population. Thatā€™s a really unfortunate place for an outbreak, but not an example of what the virus will do in the otherwise healthy population.

5 Likes

So, Trump is trying to claim over the objections of the people who actually know what theyā€™re talking about that a vaccine will be available in 2 monthsā€¦

and the CDC has stopped publishing the number of tests performed and the number of deaths that have occurred.

So this is all going super great.

15 Likes

Suppression of embarrassing information is what this task force is all about. So, going according to plan?

15 Likes

heck. wherever i walk, im bringing the sink with me

3 Likes