Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Asshole. As of this writing, it hasn’t even taken effect yet.

So, um, @docosc, can this be spread by blood? [watches first mosquito of the season land on my leg]

15 Likes

Ha. Not that I think you think that’s the idea, but the idea of the Trump administration reserving them for “chocolate city” is hilarious.

10 Likes

rising

Where cases are rising fastest

6 Likes

The difference in hue between northern and southern AZ brought to you by Regina Romero.

3 Likes

This one bothers me without knowing the amount of testing being done in each county.

8 Likes

Yeah wouldn’t that be an unexpected turn of events. I think the only DC citizens he cares about are him and (some of) the suck-ups that surround him. More than anything I’m just trying to reconcile the idea of who this reserve is supposedly for and just come up like:

14 Likes

The underlying thing that the media needs to focus on is that Trump wants private industry and states to take care of it. Sure Jared said “ours” and it’s a nice easy soundbite to focus on, but it’s not that they want to keep it for their own use. They just want to maintain control over it, and, use it as little as possible. (As the hastily rewritten statement on the web site about the reserves purpose shows.)

Dismantle the federal government, and profit as much as possible in the process. Wash, rinse, repeat.

19 Likes

I.e., “L’état, c’est nous”?

8 Likes

More like “ne le pas un état”.

4 Likes

So, I’ve been looking at their dataset, and this plot surprised me a little until I looked closer. The only way this makes sense is if the color represents the lope of the log plot. E.g. it represents the number of days it takes for cases to double (doubling faster is darker), not absolute number of cases.

Another longer term financial issue we’ll start hearing about in the months ahead:

9 Likes

I can’t tell from that article if most property values are likely to go up, or down. :thinking:

3 Likes

I’ll give ya two guesses, but you’re only going to need one.

1 Like
22 Likes

No. To the best of my knowledge, the virus itself can’t even be PCRed from blood.

6 Likes

I’m … kind of OK with that.

(For reasons having nothing to do with coronavirus or these virus-related conspiracy theories.)

5 Likes

14 Likes

No. Respiratory only, which is plenty bad enough.

19 Likes

FTA:

A guest, identified as a “registered nurse,” appeared in a 20-minute segment in February, claiming that 5G is sucking the oxygen out of people’s lungs. The segment also spread the falsehood that 5G and coronavirus are linked. Clips of the radio show have been widely shared on Facebook ever since.

giphy

Also-

giphy

26 Likes
14 Likes