Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Lol no but he and my dad were good friends. The weird thing is growing up I had a lot of interactions with a lot of the Beats it was just so normal that it wasn’t any big deal. I didn’t realize until years later how important many of these people were to the counter culture of the time. One of those things I look back on and wish I could have known better.

24 Likes

Bonilla said the firm had continued to operate its assembly plant under the argument it provided an “essential” service, when most non-essential plants have been ordered closed to combat the pandemic.

But Bonilla ordered the Smiths Medical factory closed, because he argued it was providing no such essential service to Mexicans, and thus was not obeying health emergency contingency measures.

On the US side, the company was probably hit with the Defense Production Act, forcing them to only sell to the US government. Probably another brilliant move by Peter Navarro.

So now, no one gets the ventilators. STUPID-19 continues to spread.

21 Likes

You seem to have turned out okay! It’s occurred to me a time or two that the beats must’ve been horrible parents generally. But I suppose that’s based more on their general reputation than on much of what I know about their actual lives.

11 Likes

Maybe it’s just the most famous standard bearers for the beats who were bad parents?

Suspect that might apply to many, many movements/groups/whatever.

6 Likes

Thanks! I do think I turned out ok but I did have a good upbringing and loving parents. We lived modestly but I always had a roof over my head and food so I consider myself pretty lucky.

18 Likes
6 Likes

But the way Fauci brought up the “courage and dignity and strength” of LGBTQ people, and managed to just casually kick Mike Pence in the dick in the process, well if they give out an Oscar for “Most Classy Dick-Kicking Of Mike Pence During A Coronavirus Press Briefing,” Fauci will probably win it.

22 Likes

Also, what about the people who don’t have phones modern enough to install a mandatory app? My parents are still using Nokia 3310.

A true believer in capitalism.

11 Likes

People being excellent to each other during COVID-19-era:

18 Likes

A promising development:

21 Likes

Sobering thought:

When people try to claim “it wasn’t that bad”, remember this.

28 Likes

22 Likes

Have they not heard of this amazing new technology called cheese?

18 Likes

Harsh, but accurate.

16 Likes

Looks like for now at least it should be “for highly sceptical consideration” :slightly_smiling_face:

This is all to say that we are unsure of the specifics of this study, what it actually shows, what its limitations might be, and how it was done. What it’s suggesting could be accurate and useful, but we have no way of knowing that at the moment.

11 Likes

Yes, that was the consensus in the bike group discussing it as well, but this place is more highly educated so I wanted to see the reaction here. Thanks for providing.

9 Likes

Worse than an idiot.

2 Likes
4 Likes

This was inevitable:

5 Likes

Getting industrial-scale cheesemaking going is not a small or an easy task.

5 Likes